XIM Community

Sound Blaster X7 or...  (Read 23881 times)

Offline Zocus

• View Profile
Re: Sound Blaster X7 or...
« Reply #15 on: 10:43 AM - 01/18/16 »
Massdrop.com has the x7 for $299 if there are at least 20 people ordering. That's $100 off of what it normally is.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/creative-sound-blaster-x7-amp-dac-combo

This is the first time I've used that site, so I'll be interested in seeing how it goes.

-Gren

Maybe only a co´ncidence but I log into that side yesterday with my facebook info and 2 hrs later I got my credit card compagnie that called me and said someone did use my credit card to buy something.  I had to cancel my credit card.

Offline nobodyfamous

• MVP
  • nerd with muscles
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04:27 PM - 01/18/16 »
i with the X7... had 1/4 balance inputs... thats really the only thing missing :(

great for my studio monitors... i can use the rca connections but the balance are more a solid connect and better is sound quality
"If steroids and other performance enhancing drugs are illegal for athletes,
doesn't that mean you're cheating in eSports and should be banned ?"

Astro Mixamp Pro 2013 / Sennheiser HD598
BenQ RL2460HT / BenQ XL2430T
Logitech G303 / CM Quickfire Stealth (Reds)
Rode Procaster / Rode PSA1
Roland Quad-Capture / Adam F5's / Adam F8Sub

Offline kuhl

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07:37 PM - 01/18/16 »
Can you mix game/voice chat on the X7 like on the Mixamp?

Will be using my Fidelio X1 with Vmoda mic with it. What else would I need?

Yes, you can mix game, chat, PC / Mac, BlueTooth audio etc all at once.

I have Fidelio X2 cans and a V-Moda BoomPro. To chat on PS4, get a Creative BT-W2 BlueTooth transceiver to enable the mic port on the X7 - the PS4 will now pick it up as a USB audio device. You'll also need a 3.5mm Y-cable splitter to separate the game and chat channels on the BoomPro. Both ports on the splitter plug into the X7.

To chat on XB1, a Y-cable splitter is again required. Plug the mic output into the XB1 controller and the audio into the X7. For 360, you'll also need a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter or cable. From memory, it was a little more convoluted than that, requiring not only a Y-cable splitter, but also a Y-cable joiner, just for the mic cable. I'll revisit the setup today to double-check.

For some reason when I try to plug the mic into the xbox controller through the 3.5mm port thats native to the controller (newer controller) it won't pick up the mic.  Any suggestions? Do I need a chat adapter?

Offline FortyOne

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Forty0ne
  • PSN ID: Forty_One
« Reply #18 on: 08:34 PM - 01/18/16 »
For some reason when I try to plug the mic into the xbox controller through the 3.5mm port thats native to the controller (newer controller) it won't pick up the mic.  Any suggestions? Do I need a chat adapter?

Are you plugging in the mic through a Y splitter?  If not it is because you are trying to plug in a  3.5 trs microphone plug (3 pole)  into a 3.5 trrs CTIA (4 pole)  and the pins don't match.

A mic cable works the same way a trs (3 pole) plug as the mic audio goes through the top two sleves and then is grounded on the bottom.  Problem being that the extra sleeve on the bottom on a trrs (4 pole) is the mic sleeve.  Thats why you can still hear sound when you plug regular headphones in.

Come Join us on Discord.  Its a great way to
chat and meet up with your fellow ximmers.
Just click on the Image to your left to Join.
<------------------------------------------
Link : SandhawC Profile Loader

Offline Find the Door

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Find the Door
  • PSN ID: Find_the_Door
« Reply #19 on: 01:11 AM - 01/21/16 »
So can I make the sound come over optical to the x7 and chat come over bluetooth with the BT-W2?

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01:28 AM - 01/21/16 »
So can I make the sound come over optical to the x7 and chat come over bluetooth with the BT-W2?

Yes.

Offline Find the Door

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03:53 AM - 01/21/16 »
To be clear I have the MMX 300 that has seperate mic jac and 3.5-1/4.

So in theory I just plug the mic into the blutooth mic jack and then the 3.5 or 1/4 into the appropriate jack.

Then connect it to the ps4 via optical for 5.1, then connect it via blutooth to the PS4 via the BT-M2 to get chat audio/use my mic?

Offline Archer444

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10:18 AM - 01/21/16 »
Going all-in today... I'm buying the MassDrop X7 and a pair of mint Sennheiser HD650's (hard to pass them up at $225). I already have an Antlion ModMic.

Is the BT-W2 dongle 'necessary' or can I get away with a USB adapter to use the ModMic?

Offline Find the Door

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03:10 PM - 01/21/16 »
Got my x7 Limited Edition today, and the BT-W2 as well. 

Hooking it up to my MMX 300's on lunch - so excited!

Offline Jasjoe1991

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Jasjoe1991
« Reply #24 on: 03:15 PM - 01/21/16 »
im on the creative website and for some reason i cant install the soundblaster application, anyone else have this problem?

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03:36 PM - 01/21/16 »
To be clear I have the MMX 300 that has seperate mic jac and 3.5-1/4.

So in theory I just plug the mic into the blutooth mic jack and then the 3.5 or 1/4 into the appropriate jack.

Then connect it to the ps4 via optical for 5.1, then connect it via blutooth to the PS4 via the BT-M2 to get chat audio/use my mic?

Theoretically, yes. It should work, as long as there are separate mic / audio jacks.

Going all-in today... I'm buying the MassDrop X7 and a pair of mint Sennheiser HD650's (hard to pass them up at $225). I already have an Antlion ModMic.

Is the BT-W2 dongle 'necessary' or can I get away with a USB adapter to use the ModMic?

You can use a Syba or similar USB audio adapter. the BT-W2 is simply for wireless convenience for the mic. The mic audio quality is also higher than you should expect from a Syba.

It's also possible to hook up wireless BlueTooth headphones / headsets to the X7 via the BT-W2, so that'd be another consideration for some people.

Got my x7 Limited Edition today, and the BT-W2 as well. 

Hooking it up to my MMX 300's on lunch - so excited!

Congrats! You've made a wise investment in your gaming setup. I hope the MMX 300s work.

When you do get setup, fire up the PS4 and head to Settings > Devices > Audio Devices to select your Input (mic) and Output (audio) devices. Choose USB Headset (Creative Bluetooth Audio W2) for Input, Adjust Microphone Level and select "Chat Audio" for Output to Headphones.

For Output Device, select TV or AV Amplifier for your TOSlink connection to the PS4. Though to be honest, I don't think it makes a difference as the game audio should already be piped via TOSlink through the X7 if you have these settings enabled on the PS4 - Settings > Audio Output Settings > DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) and Bitstream (Dolby).
« Last Edit: 03:54 PM - 01/21/16 by antithesis »

Offline Find the Door

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06:40 PM - 01/21/16 »
I'm having trouble figuring out how to pair the BT-W2 to the x7.

Also it's not being recognized by Windows 10 either?  Any suggestions?

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10:47 PM - 01/21/16 »
I'm having trouble figuring out how to pair the BT-W2 to the x7.

Also it's not being recognized by Windows 10 either?  Any suggestions?

Insert the BT-W2 into a PS4 port. Hold the Power button on the X7 until it flashes blue. Hold the small button on the BT-W2 until it flashes blue. It should pair within seconds.

Use the USB port on the back of the X7 to connect to PC. No BT-W2 required. The mic and audio ports should detect fine, install the X7 PC app to confirm.

Offline 1llest

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12:05 AM - 01/22/16 »
Can you mix game/voice chat on the X7 like on the Mixamp?

Will be using my Fidelio X1 with Vmoda mic with it. What else would I need?

Yes, you can mix game, chat, PC / Mac, BlueTooth audio etc all at once.

I have Fidelio X2 cans and a V-Moda BoomPro. To chat on PS4, get a Creative BT-W2 BlueTooth transceiver to enable the mic port on the X7 - the PS4 will now pick it up as a USB audio device. You'll also need a 3.5mm Y-cable splitter to separate the game and chat channels on the BoomPro. Both ports on the splitter plug into the X7.

To chat on XB1, a Y-cable splitter is again required. Plug the mic output into the XB1 controller and the audio into the X7. For 360, you'll also need a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter or cable. From memory, it was a little more convoluted than that, requiring not only a Y-cable splitter, but also a Y-cable joiner, just for the mic cable. I'll revisit the setup today to double-check.

Thanks!

How's the simulated surround compare to the Astro mixamp?

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01:37 AM - 01/22/16 »
Thanks!

How's the simulated surround compare to the Astro mixamp?

Bigger, deeper, better. Make sure Dolby Digital is enabled as the Audio Output setting on the console - you can confirm if it's enabled by the Dolby Digital logo on the front of the X7. Stack it with SBX (Creative's VSS engine) and tweak the EQ settings to your liking for a richer experience. I don't recommend Scout Mode as it sounds flat to me, but that's an option if you're looking to filter out some of the soundscape for sound-whoring.

You'll pick up a lot more detail pairing the X1s with an X7 than with a MixAmp. I have three MixAmps (original, 5.8 wireless and A50s) and I have to max the sound to get anything out of the X2s, which leaves no headroom for chat. That's not a problem with the X7 and you shouldn't need to exceed 50% volume. X7 + X2 slays the A50s dead...no competition.