XIM Community

Let us know if you see Purple Lights  (Read 13668 times)

Offline JohnnyCincoo

• View Profile
Re: Let us know if you see Purple Lights
« Reply #30 on: 12:17 PM - 05/12/16 »
Hi, I'm using XIM4 Manager/Firmware 20160405, with Titan One and seeing purple lights constantly.  The issue is diff caused by Titan One as it does not occur with T1 connected.
G13, G502

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #31 on: 01:00 PM - 05/12/16 »
Are you using latest T1 firmware?
Get the most out of your XIM4, read the XIM4 Support FAQ.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04:03 PM - 05/12/16 »
Hi, I'm using XIM4 Manager/Firmware 20160405, with Titan One and seeing purple lights constantly.  The issue is diff caused by Titan One as it does not occur with T1 connected.

Update to the latest T1 firmware and tweak settings in GTuner to improve support for the Xim.

GTuner > Options > Device -

Disable everything with the exception of Protocol = Automatic.

I still get occasional purple lights, but it never affects gameplay. As long as the purple lights stop constantly flashing, they're safe to ignore.

Offline akumathecreator

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Akumathecreator
« Reply #33 on: 04:05 PM - 05/21/16 »
HI I just purchased a xim4 for my xbox one and realized my xbox elite controller wasn't showing up in the manager. I came here to download the firmware compatible with the elite controller now I'm getting a sold purple light please help.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #34 on: 05:52 PM - 05/21/16 »
Welcome to the community. You are running our latest RC firmware (20160405)?

Offline akumathecreator

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 08:18 PM - 05/21/16 »
no may i please have a link to it

Offline akumathecreator

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 08:23 PM - 05/21/16 »
sorry thats what manager i downloaded and that with i got the sold  purple light btw how do you upgrade the firmware for andriod?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #37 on: 09:51 PM - 05/21/16 »
The latest build is 20160405 ? please follow the installation and pairing (or re-pairing) instructions in each thread below.

20160405 Firmware: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=46143.0
20160405 Manager: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=46144.0

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 02:21 AM - 06/09/16 »
A quick follow-up FYI for Titan One users.

Since disabling "Enable PS4 partial crossover support" in Gtuner > Options > Titan One a month ago, I haven't had a purple light since.

This is in addition to disabling everything in Gtuner > Options > Device, except Protocol = Automatic. Slot Recall is fine to leave enabled.

Let the Xim4 handle all that USB protocol stuff. And there's no need for the T1 to reauthenticate the DualShock 4 when it's perma-connected.

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 06:20 AM - 06/14/16 »
A quick follow-up FYI for Titan One users.

Since disabling "Enable PS4 partial crossover support" in Gtuner > Options > Titan One a month ago, I haven't had a purple light since.

This is in addition to disabling everything in Gtuner > Options > Device, except Protocol = Automatic. Slot Recall is fine to leave enabled.

Let the Xim4 handle all that USB protocol stuff. And there's no need for the T1 to reauthenticate the DualShock 4 when it's perma-connected.

Thanks I've follows this advice. The partial crossover was already deselected by default though.
Setup: XIM4, Titan Two, Sony Nav, Logitech G502, SteelSeries 4HD mousepad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My setup: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=39334.msg495390#msg495390

My Sony Nav mount: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=39138.0

My DXRacer armrest and Razer mouse bungee: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=39334.msg582636#msg582636

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

My FOR HONOR Titan Two Combat Pack Script: https://youtu.be/ED66yjFNEb8

Offline L.A. TIGER

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 04:20 PM - 02/03/17 »
I'm now getting Purple Flashing lights, I have the most current firmware update... please advise.

We've seen a couple of reports of flashing purple lights with 20160104 and 2 have responded so far that they are using a CM/T1.

20160104 will notify you if it is seeing "off" USB timing from the console. In one of the XIM4 traces we looked at (where a CM+ was in use), showed the "console" host (in this case, CM) jittered on average +/- 30us but was off by 2000us for a period of time. XIM4 recovers in these cases, but, this would cause purple lights that were reported. CM+ looked like it stabilized itself though, over time.

If you see flashing purple lights, and you are NOT using your XIM4 with a CM/T1, please reply to this thread.

Offline L.A. TIGER

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 04:32 PM - 02/03/17 »
In addition, here are my periphs: G502 Mouse, G910 KB. It seems I get the purple flashing sequence about once every few days. It started ~2 weeks ago(from the date of this post). I can still connect to my XIM4 via PC and IOS apps. Additionally, based on the lights..it appears that I can change the game profile. Mouse and KB just quit responding. If you need anything from me to help solve this issue, be glad to help anyway I can.

I'm now getting Purple Flashing lights, I have the most current firmware update... please advise.

We've seen a couple of reports of flashing purple lights with 20160104 and 2 have responded so far that they are using a CM/T1.

20160104 will notify you if it is seeing "off" USB timing from the console. In one of the XIM4 traces we looked at (where a CM+ was in use), showed the "console" host (in this case, CM) jittered on average +/- 30us but was off by 2000us for a period of time. XIM4 recovers in these cases, but, this would cause purple lights that were reported. CM+ looked like it stabilized itself though, over time.

If you see flashing purple lights, and you are NOT using your XIM4 with a CM/T1, please reply to this thread.

Offline L.A. TIGER

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 02:19 PM - 02/06/17 »
Could someone please respond... I have a xim4 with no T1/Cronus attached...and I'm getting purple flashing lights almost daily now. I'm letting you know, as you requested in this title of this post. Has there been a resolution found(temp or perm)? Please advise... thank you.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 02:37 PM - 02/06/17 »
Do you have any other extra devices in your setup like a hub, switch or extended cable?

Please create and send a tracelog after the issue occurs. Here's how.

Please email the results and include your forum name to mist4fun@xim4.com
http://cloud.xim4.com/Debug/XIM4TraceLog.pdf
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline L.A. TIGER

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 04:47 PM - 02/06/17 »
Absolutely! Thank you for replying Mist. As soon as it happens again, I'll get you that info. All the best.