XIM Community

Let us know if you see Purple Lights  (Read 13667 times)

Offline Marvzdagreat

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Marveezyb
Re: Let us know if you see Purple Lights on 20160104
« Reply #15 on: 12:12 PM - 01/21/16 »
That is great to know that its being looked at and investigated. XIM4 works perfectly on its own. I'll just need to wait for an update/fix till I can use the CM again, the latest firmware feels more responsive and smooth btw.

Awesome job on the support guys. Keep it up. Thanks a lot.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Let us know if you see Purple Lights on 20160104
« Reply #16 on: 04:30 PM - 01/23/16 »
Yes, CM/T1 cause timing problems with XIM4 with this latest firmware. T1 developer is aware of it and is fixing it.

J2K has fixed the T1 / Xim4 issue, but is adding a few more fixes to the next firmware drop before it's released.

CM users will probably have to wait until those pricks hack the T1's firmware to steal the Xim4 compatibility code. Sucks to be you.

Offline Cr0n1c_707

• View Profile
Re: Let us know if you see Purple Lights
« Reply #17 on: 09:16 PM - 02/14/16 »
I just got these purple flashing lights for the second time now. Additionally, the xim has been acting sluggish. I bought a new one thinking it was sluggish from being faulty, but now its happening to this one as well. I'm wondering if its an issue with a usb port on the xbox 360 or if the xim is not receiving enough power. I have now replaced the xbox 360, The HDMI cable, the monitor, both the keyboard and mouse, storage, and ethernet cable. I've run out of things to replace.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #18 on: 09:27 PM - 02/14/16 »
How frequently does it happen? Are the purple lights happening all the time, or, occasionally?
Get the most out of your XIM4, read the XIM4 Support FAQ.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #19 on: 09:56 PM - 02/14/16 »
I just got these purple flashing lights for the second time now. Additionally, the xim has been acting sluggish. I bought a new one thinking it was sluggish from being faulty, but now its happening to this one as well. I'm wondering if its an issue with a usb port on the xbox 360 or if the xim is not receiving enough power. I have now replaced the xbox 360, The HDMI cable, the monitor, both the keyboard and mouse, storage, and ethernet cable. I've run out of things to replace.

Did you just send me a trace log? If so, I see that XIM4 is prepared an input report for your X360 but it never took it. Typically this happens on the X360 when its busy doing things like loading games. But, I've never seen it outside of that. Are you seeing this in-game?

Offline Cr0n1c_707

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11:01 PM - 02/14/16 »
Yes. 98% of the log I sent you was me playing a game of free for all in MW3.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #21 on: 11:52 PM - 02/14/16 »
When it happens, do you notice anything like the game pausing for a second as it loads or general drive (HDD/optical) activity when the purple light happens?

Offline Cr0n1c_707

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12:56 AM - 02/15/16 »
I haven't really noticed the game pausing. It just starts to feel really sluggish, almost as if Im wading through pudding. As for hdd activity, im using a 7200 rpm 1TB external drive which the xbox reads as an external usb storage. That thing is always blinking a mile a minute, so im not too sure about that either. Ill have to watch it.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #23 on: 10:49 AM - 02/15/16 »
If you have that sluggish feeling and you aren't seeing purple lights at the time then it isn't affecting your XIM4. Meaning, if you pick up your controller there is a very high chance you'll feel it while you are using that as well. It sounds like perhaps frames are being dropped or network problems in the game.

Offline Cr0n1c_707

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01:12 PM - 02/15/16 »
I was always curious about that. So, if Im experiencing lag in my game, does that translate to how the controller will react? If so, thats pretty ridiculous. I understand it's the 360's fault, not the xim's, but all the same, its so @#$% variable that my muscle memory never fully forms because I constantly have to readjust. I see all of these videos on here where people can perform incredibly crisp and precise movements, whereas Im stuck having to adjust every time. Some games feel excellent, other games feel like Im fighting myself. And this is all on one night. Granted, I have a 4 KD in MW3 and a 5 KD in Black Ops 2. I just cant help but feel as though it could be even better...

Side note: Why did unplugging and plugging the xim edge back in actually improve the aiming fidelity immensely? I mean, it would literally be night and day improvements.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #25 on: 04:08 PM - 02/15/16 »
What games do you get this feeling in?

I remember personally Halo on 360 in Firefight mode was so bad with framerate dips that it was unplayable. Not so in regular multiplayer though.

Offline Cr0n1c_707

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05:59 PM - 02/15/16 »
Ive felt this on every COD. From cod 4 to black ops 3 on the xbox one.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #27 on: 06:17 PM - 02/15/16 »
This happen with a controller too?

Offline Cr0n1c_707

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07:08 PM - 02/15/16 »
Not sure; since xim3, Ive never used a controller. I suppose I could test it out.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #29 on: 07:39 PM - 02/15/16 »
Yes, when it's happening, if it's the extreme as you are stating, then simply trying a quick aiming test with the controller you should be feeling it.