18 (23.4%)
Hell Yes!
34 (44.2%)
Of course!
3 (3.9%)
Definitely!
22 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 77

First Call: THE XIM WAND  (Read 9144 times)

Offline BulletChaser

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: none
  • PSN ID: none
Re: First Call: THE XIM WAND
« Reply #75 on: 06:03 PM - 10/02/17 »
how about the analog mechanical keyboard
https://wooting.nl/en/

Online matthewk85

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: o MattyAu o
« Reply #76 on: 07:56 PM - 12/11/17 »
Bump for visibility and hope of an update...  ;D

Offline PKRocker27

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: PKRocker27
« Reply #77 on: 09:45 AM - 12/19/17 »
I would buy this product in second!!

I use a Nav controller and absolutely love it. If it had more useable buttons without taking my thumb off the stick would be amazing!! I looked into all the other keypad things and I just can't get myself to try one. An added ring and pinky finger button or paddles would be awesome. Making the 2 additional buttons like the ones under the stick (I think X O) above the stick would be useful too.The only draw backs to the Nav is the lack of buttons and that it has no way to mount it. I made a mount myself and it's so much better, my hand never gets tired anymore. I couldn't be more excited!! Please tell me this is actually happening and it will be on the market soon!!!

Offline Bully

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 12:15 PM - 12/19/17 »
I want one now !!!  8)
Xim4 | Xbox One X | Elite controller | Logitech G502 mouse |
Razer Orbweaver Chroma Stealth | Sony Nav |
Razer Destructor Mat | 50" Panasonic 4K LED TV |
Xbox One preview program |

Offline GitGud

• MVP
  • Join the discord! It's where the fun's at!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 03:37 AM - 12/20/17 »
I agree with this. Was going to get the Venom X4 because of the wand but I rather have a better quality product.
My Current Setup + CouchMaster Review | PUBG Config | XIM Apex | Xbox One X |
SteelSeries Rival 600 | SteelSeries Dex | SteelSeries Apex M500 | SteelSeries Siberia 800 | Turtle Beach Stream Mic | 27' iiyama G-Master | CouchMaster Cycon

Offline PKRocker27

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 11:28 AM - 12/20/17 »
I'm going to take on a project over Christmas break...

I bought a new Nav controller to replace the one I'm using now. With the old one I'm going to try to add more usable buttons to it. I was thinking to try to replace the 4 D pad buttons with 2 very tiny momentary micro switches and adding them to where your pinky and ring fingers rest. I made a mount for my Nav awhile back so I don't need the extra fingers to hold it anymore. I have no idea if any of it will work, but figured it's worth a shot. I'm pretty handy with electronics and fabrication things. I'll document the process and let's hope it's not a complete failure. Since the Dpad has 4 buttons I don't know where I can mount the other 2. I'm going to try to fit them all on the side or under where you would grip the Nav. My other thought was to make something that you could use your feet for.  That may be a bit crazy!!  lol

I have a few questions that maybe someone can answer.

1) Are there any specs in the switches for the Nav?.. Example, Ohms or any other specs to be aware of?

2) Is there any specific locations for buttons that you may have?

3) Does the battery have to be hooked up all the time or can I just run it off the power from the Xim?

I really hope I can make this all workout and be one step closer to having more button options for our fellow Nav lovers!! 

Offline melrex

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: melrexmelrex
« Reply #81 on: 03:37 PM - 12/22/17 »
I have my elite controller mounted so I don't have to hold it. I use the left side the way you would use the Nav ,but have two extra buttons because of the elite left upper paddle and left lower paddle buttons.g502 mice and call me lazy because I use a Stinky board too lol. I play BF1 on xb1x and was using the Stinky board up for jump, down for crouch, and on elite controller left upper paddle button change weapon, left lower paddle button reload. But now I switch those around. You can see what works best for you and the Stinky board still have left and right that could be use. I'm thinking about getting the swiftpoint z mice.

Offline PKRocker27

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 07:41 AM - 01/05/18 »
I was hoping with the announcement of the new Xim Apex we would get some info on the development of a wand for all the Nav and similar device users.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me this is still happening!!

Offline RML

• MVP
  • L1vE DiFfeR3nT
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 10:17 AM - 01/05/18 »
I was hoping with the announcement of the new Xim Apex we would get some info on the development of a wand for all the Nav and similar device users.

All I can add is this -  ;D
XXX | C:M$ | XIM APEX | Latest | BenQ 24" Monitor | Pad: Steel Series 9HD | Sony Nav | A: Sennheiser 650's/Mod mic/Sound Blaster X7 | M: G502 | D: 12,000 | P: 1000 | AAA Setup [on]

Advanced Settings Info - http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=41264.0
Anti Aim Assist curve set for ANY FPS Game -
 http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49063.0
Destiny 1&2 Advanced Settings - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=56658.msg626940#msg626940

Online matthewk85

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 07:07 PM - 01/05/18 »

All I can add is this -  ;D

:o ;D ;D

Offline Thatguysheed

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 02:43 AM - 01/06/18 »
Even something similar to this left joystick (Just more comfortable in-hand) would be pretty nice... As shown in this vid link https://youtu.be/gq4bysdvwLo

A joystick/wand HAS to happen. It'd be sooo successful.

Offline Mark8010

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 05:36 AM - 01/06/18 »
I'd love this. Two versions:

1. Matches the functionality of the NAV with better ergonomics and grip

2. The above with trigger stops and an extra button to replicate the left had side of a scuff (in the way battle beaver does).

There would be a decent market for this IMO.

Offline 4armed

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 07:30 AM - 01/06/18 »
As much as I'd like him to, I doubt OBsIV will go down this route.

On the plus side, though, the announcement of Apex's compatibility with Joy-Cons should give us hope for more options with whatever 3rd party wands/chucks that are coming down the line.

Online matthewk85

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 08:19 PM - 03/01/18 »
With the Apex announced and released, I expect we'll hear something about the release of the wand soon...? ;D

Offline neepz

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 03:14 AM - 06/19/18 »
I'd love this idea to become a reality,, the Nav is good, but it's not the most comfortable solution, I hope Obs is considering this.