XIM Community

Solved: Corsair STRAFE Keyboard enable BIOS mode exists!  (Read 16321 times)

Offline tobeornottobee

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Levantari
Re: Solved: Corsair STRAFE Keyboard enable BIOS mode exists!
« Reply #15 on: 07:27 AM - 01/02/18 »
Hey !

I am a french player using xim4 and I didn't understand everything. I just got a STRAFE but can't use it with xim4. There's 2 usb to connect, do i need something more to plug both on the xim4 or only one is enough ? I tested each one alone (i don't have something to plug both on the xim4) and did the window cap + F1 but it doesn't work in game

Thanks for reply ^^

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09:03 AM - 01/02/18 »
It may help to install the latest XIM4 firmware, this has a the latest peripheral support. Aside from this, OP mentioned that it's windows lock + f1, not windows key + f1. This may help too.

You can find the latest firmware below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

http://xim.tech/latest
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline tobeornottobee

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10:49 AM - 01/02/18 »
The firmware is already updated, and I used windows lock (the good one) and F1, when I plug the keyboard, there's only color, but can't use the buttons
« Last Edit: 11:00 AM - 01/02/18 by tobeornottobee »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09:22 AM - 01/03/18 »
With the latest firmware it may not need to be performed at all. If it's not working then try these steps. It seems the strafe is hit and miss in terms of compatibility.

Offline tobeornottobee

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12:48 PM - 01/03/18 »
Which steps ? Already tried everything ^^

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02:17 PM - 01/03/18 »
The last reply was an answer toward beasty's question.

The only other possibility is that the keyboard needs additional power, a powered USB 2.0 hub between XIM4 and the keyboard may help. However I feel like this is less likely to resolve this issue, it may be a compatibility issue. Try using the keyboard in other ports on XIM4 if you haven't already. Port 2 is the preferred port for keyboards but be sure to try 1 and 3 as well.

Offline tobeornottobee

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07:30 AM - 01/04/18 »
I tried every port of the xim4 and it didn't work either. I plugged the keyboard to my computer, and had no problem (the keyboard worked on the pc, with the lights), then I tried the + Windows key lock + F1, and since then, there's light, but the keyboard doesn't work anymore on the pc, even if i try to take off bios mode with the same process, so I don't know ^^

My pc BIOS is updated, everything of windows update is OK (important updates all done), but pc not working, not recognised with the corsair software. So i'm a bit stuck ^^

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09:03 AM - 01/04/18 »
That's strange that the keyboard doesn't work in BIOS mode on your PC. I'm sorry but I don't have other suggestions, unless another user has experienced this and has a fix then it may be time to try other keyboards.

It may be worth contacting corsair as the keyboard should be working on your PC in non bios mode and in bios mode. It may be necessary to RMA the keyboard if they don't have a solution.

Offline Mancsandancer

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09:41 AM - 01/06/18 »
Hey, not sure if this helps anyone but I have the RGB Strafe silent at it works for me without going into bios mode. The keyboards advance lights dont work while connected to xim4 but who cares about that.

This is how mine is set up ( I use a KVM switch as I change between the PC and PS4).

Strafe cable with keyboard icon goes into KVM switch ( This would go into the Xim4 if you dont require the KVM).
The other strafe cable with the usb icon is plugged into my monitor USB 2.0 which I assume gives sufficient power (not had any issues yet).

This is with all updated bios etc.

Offline tobeornottobee

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04:38 PM - 01/09/18 »
Hey !

I found the answer to my problem. If you experiment the same problem, you should follow the following steps :

- Update your xim 4 firmware and your pc bios if a more recent version exists
- Unplug the keyboard, hold down the 'esc' key and plug when you do that, It should get your keyboard recognized
- Switch to bios mode with windows lock top right key + F1 then use It on xim 4 and It should work

The only thing I don't really know, is that I only plugged the cable with the keyboard on it, the second isn't, but It works, so I don't know if I need to add something to plug this cable too.