XIM Community

Recoil Compensation AHK Script  (Read 16928 times)

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
  • Karma [>] 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Recoil Compensation AHK Scripts
« Reply #30 on: 04:09 PM - 12/04/15 »
You guys are missing the point.

Commander's biggest use case is freedom to use any device that works on your PC instead of just devices that work natively on the XIM hardware directly.

Another side benefit is being able to use a single M&KB for console that you do with your computer without the need for KVM switches.

It isn't enough to just say, "we don't condone scripts". It needs to almost actively go out of its way to disable / prevent them. And if having Commander means that is no longer possible, then I'd rather Commander not come out.

M&KB is becoming less and less of an evil to console folks - including those that use controllers. One of the BIGGEST reasons for that is because we say, and they understand / agree, that XIM4 doesn't let you do anything that a controller can't do.

Scripts makes that no longer true.

It's really not a big deal.
I am Spartacus!

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
« Reply #31 on: 05:52 PM - 12/04/15 »
I think it is a huge deal.

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
Recoil Compensation AHK Scripts
« Reply #32 on: 06:37 PM - 12/04/15 »
Yea. Honestly. This is disappointing. XIM was starting to gain some traction and acceptance. Knowing that there is a way to script things.... that sucks.

Been a way since day 0 and it was huge during xim2 era. Furthermore if you try to purposely disable like you mention in your last post, then you screw over the people that actually need them to play at all. Not to mention you're creating more work for the developers and adding unnecessary complexity.
That "natural curve" you [roads] are talking about was me taking a wild guess what the game was doing (which was completely wrong of course).

😂😂😭

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 06:39 PM - 12/04/15 »
 I've been around since Day 0. And I know all about scripts. Xim4 without Commander couldn't do scripts unless you used other devices with it.

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 06:41 PM - 12/04/15 »
I've been around since Day 0. And I know all about scripts. Xim4 without Commander couldn't do scripts unless you used other devices with it.

"Other devices" are the point of the xim so... you use a mouse or keyboard with onboard memory which is tons of them. Look at Bloody mice, anti recoil scripts built in.

The only place scripts would be an issue is legit tournaments for money, where the whole thing is banned anyway
That "natural curve" you [roads] are talking about was me taking a wild guess what the game was doing (which was completely wrong of course).

😂😂😭

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06:46 PM - 12/04/15 »
Again. Missing the point.

It's one thing, as a company, to take a stance of, "We see XIM as an alternative to controllers. You can't do stuff normal controllers can't do, but like some controllers, if you use hardware with support for these things...it is an unfair advantage. Much the same that modded controllers are. "

Vs.

"Check out our new Commander app which makes it super easy to auto load your favorite AHK scripts. Go scripts, go!"

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06:49 PM - 12/04/15 »
You can kill people with kitchen knives, but you don't add a pamphlet on how to do it with every cooking set you sell.

I just think it is going to paint XIM back in a negative light when it seemed to be gaining more and more acceptance from the general console community. It was starting to be viewed as just a fair alternative.

This will have the adverse effect.

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 06:50 PM - 12/04/15 »
Again, they've always been around and are needed for accessibility scene which obsiv has always cared about.

And you most certainly can do things controllers can't do, hence people are using it. That's why we see 0 pro players using max sensitivity and every xim player doing so.

😂😂😭

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07:23 PM - 12/04/15 »
We'll just have to agree to disagree.

But scripts were not working on XIM4 until Commander / SandhawC as far as I know.  And even if they were working, they weren't working in a way that comes across as "endorsed".

Offline Zacharybinx34

• MVP
  • Karma [>] 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 08:37 PM - 12/04/15 »
We'll just have to agree to disagree.

But scripts were not working on XIM4 until Commander / SandhawC as far as I know.  And even if they were working, they weren't working in a way that comes across as "endorsed".

How about this for a solution?
Remove the auto loading of scripts from Commander entirely so it's TECHNICALLY not a part of Commander, while leaving this sub forum up and allowing ONLY "discussing" scripts here for "educational purposes only" without expecting the XIM team to help you in your endeavors.
This way we further remove the XIM team from what some would call "cheats" while not cutting off support entirely for those who actually need this type of function for physical reasons.

We all know how to run a Autohotkey script by double clicking on it ourselves... but it sounds like Tonester's beef is with the loading of AHK macros built into the software which is directly supporting it.

Fair?
I am Spartacus!

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 09:40 PM - 12/04/15 »
I find it funny that people here are okay with the absolute massive amount math, engineering, and programming it takes to even get to the basic functionality of accurately translating mouse input into controller input with the xim, but lose their @#$% if someone wants to put an input into a loop so they can hold a button down instead of press it 10000000x.

😂😂😭

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 09:54 PM - 12/04/15 »

Commander's biggest use case is freedom to use any device that works on your PC instead of just devices that work natively on the XIM hardware directly.

Another side benefit is being able to use a single M&KB for console that you do with your computer without the need for KVM switches.

It isn't enough to just say, "we don't condone scripts". It needs to almost actively go out of its way to disable / prevent them. And if having Commander means that is no longer possible, then I'd rather Commander not come out.

M&KB is becoming less and less of an evil to console folks - including those that use controllers. One of the BIGGEST reasons for that is because we say, and they understand / agree, that XIM4 doesn't let you do anything that a controller can't do.

Someone I respect highly talking the truth. Someone from the very beginning talking bout - or should I say reminding you about values that XIM used to hold so dearly.

I will stand by what tonester is saying when he talks about mouse and keyboard becoming something more familiar on consoles.

And if any device is to lead the way, its the XIM that should do it. I'm not saying there will be a MLG / GB XIM ladder next week, bit its not something that I feel is absurd to suggest now. I feel like that could really be a thing. But let's complicate it with AHK and this new commander.

As tonser said?

&

Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline refusify

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 05:52 PM - 08/09/16 »
does anyone know how to set up the no recoil mod?? im new to using the xim and setting everything up and im using it to play black ops 3 on the xbox one can someone please help me set it up, thank you.

Offline havoxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 02:52 PM - 08/12/16 »
does anyone know how to set up the no recoil mod?? im new to using the xim and setting everything up and im using it to play black ops 3 on the xbox one can someone please help me set it up, thank you.

Its not a "mod" its a script made for Autohotkey. There are lots of guides and threads out there that can help you out.

Offline Duke3d

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 10:18 AM - 08/15/16 »

Someone I respect highly talking the truth. Someone from the very beginning talking bout - or should I say reminding you about values that XIM used to hold so dearly.

I will stand by what tonester is saying when he talks about mouse and keyboard becoming something more familiar on consoles.

And if any device is to lead the way, its the XIM that should do it. I'm not saying there will be a MLG / GB XIM ladder next week, bit its not something that I feel is absurd to suggest now. I feel like that could really be a thing. But let's complicate it with AHK and this new commander.

As tonser said?

&

Agreed.

For XIM to be considered "legitimate", you can't go around endorsing scripts. And, yes, creating a section of the forum to discuss it is endorsing it. It's already tough enough to explain to someone that you have the same functionality as a controller and it's just a different way to input it.

Now that it's cool to auto-aim (and that's what Recoil Compensation does), that just opens the flood gates for more arguments about why XIM's are cheating devices. If you thought KB/M witch hunts were bad before... they're going to get even uglier.

I've always been proud of the approach that has been taken about having such things not associated with this product.

Don't change that, guys!!!

PS: If you really can't handle the most basic dynamics  of a game like compensating for recoil, burst firing, etc, you probably just need to put a little more time into practicing. You don't need a script for that :)
« Last Edit: 11:46 AM - 08/15/16 by Duke3d »
sudo apt-get install GoldenPistol