XIM Community

Binding Buttons - Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury  (Read 2171 times)

Offline SanchoPansen

• View Profile
Binding Buttons - Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
« on: 02:37 AM - 11/07/15 »
Hey folks,

been playing with my Xim4 for a couple of weeks now and I am really happy with it.
As I tend to get cramps in my hands from keyboard useage I decided to use the PS Move Nav as left hand device. So far, so good.

Now the Xim4 and the Logitech G402 don't like to talk to each other when it comes to the additional buttons on the G402:

DPI up
DPI down
DPI Switch (thumb button)

I do not use those buttons for what they are supposed to do anyway, as I have the DPI set to max and don't switch between the DPI values.
Now I assigned those 3 buttons to keyboard buttons (V, B, N) in the Logitech software, as someone suggested on this forum. Unfortunately the Xim4 does not recognize these buttons being pushed on the mouse at all, no matter which button is assigned to it. IMHO the Logitech chipset software overwrites the signal of the button being pushed for the Xim4.

Is there anyone who had the same experience? And is there a fix/workaround for this issue? Thanks in advance. Cheers!

Offline Jobe

• View Profile
Re: Binding Buttons - Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
« Reply #1 on: 08:14 AM - 11/07/15 »
I had this problem months ago however this was fixed with a Firmware update and everything worked fine.. Ive not got this mouse atm so can't test myself with latest firmware, the last firmware may of broken it I have no idea, I do know it broke Wifi Nav support though....
Ps4 Pro / Xbox One X
G502 @ 12,000dpi / 1000hrz
Sony Nav
Xim 3 / Xim 4 / Xim Apex

Offline SanchoPansen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:46 AM - 12/03/15 »
For the record: I've updated my Xim4 to the latest firmware 20151120 and the issue is solved. Used the Logitech program to assign thr particular button to a regular key (V, B and N in my case) and in the Xim Manager they now can be assigned to any command (showing that they are bound to 'V'. 'B' or 'N').

Offline Teckx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:29 AM - 03/26/18 »
Usb there anyway to assign a building script to one of those mouse buttons ?