XIM Community

[XIM2] A Quick Description of xEmulate  (Read 9935 times)

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
Re: A Quick Description of xEmulate
« Reply #15 on: 03:38 PM - 09/02/10 »
no it does not. :(

Offline Don

• MVP
  • Northern California
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Gamertag: Donskii HD
« Reply #16 on: 10:51 PM - 09/09/10 »
hey donskii, as far as you can tell does the set mousedpi actually do anything???

It determines the sensitivity of the game-specific mouse translators xod included in xEmulate.  If you use your own translation settings, such as

Code: [Select]
set sensitivity1 4500
set sensitivity2 5150
set transexponent1 0.35
set diagonaldampen 0
set deadzone 6700
set yxratio 2.00
set rate 125

then it does not do anything
Proud owner of a XIM3

Youtube.com/d0nskiii     Xfire: Galvaniz3d     Xbox: Donskii HD, vIIv Don

My Setup:
Mionix Naos 5000     Razer Lycosa     24" ASUS 1080p 5ms     PureTrak Talent     Black Magic Intensity Shuttle     250GB Xbox 360 Slim

Intel i7 930     6GB 1600Mhz RAM     2x 2TB Seagate 7200 RPM HDDs in RAID0     128GB Crucial SATA III SD     2 ASUS EAH6850s (Crossfire)     EVGA x58 FTW3

Offline xxjohnkxx

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06:08 PM - 09/27/10 »
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/2771/sgdejklgskjl.png
I get that error when trying to install xEmulate for my XIM360.

Offline xxjohnkxx

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06:18 PM - 09/27/10 »
nvm got it to work

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05:44 PM - 11/13/10 »
will this work on ps3?

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05:45 PM - 11/13/10 »
yes.

Offline Matrox

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02:36 PM - 11/15/10 »

Hoping someone can help me...

when the question was asked.. "Does this work with PS3" the responce was "Yes"

So.. am I making the correct assumption from the forum/thread hopping I have done over the last hour this only works with XIM2? not XIM1? correct? Because I have not seen anyone specify.

Also. If this does not work for XIM1 is there anything similar? I have heard of XIMHub, but cannot find any info on that either.. let alone a download.. in search of that is what brought me to xemulate.

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.. getting a headache trying to find answers in these forum :-\.

I am really looking for something to help ADS toggling for COD:BO on PS3 with my XIM1

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Offline Don

• MVP
  • Northern California
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #22 on: 02:40 PM - 11/15/10 »
I don't believe this works with the XIM1.  Sorry!
Proud owner of a XIM3

My Setup:
Mionix Naos 5000     Razer Lycosa     24" ASUS 1080p 5ms     PureTrak Talent     Black Magic Intensity Shuttle     250GB Xbox 360 Slim

Intel i7 930     6GB 1600Mhz RAM     2x 2TB Seagate 7200 RPM HDDs in RAID0     128GB Crucial SATA III SD     2 ASUS EAH6850s (Crossfire)     EVGA x58 FTW3

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03:42 PM - 11/15/10 »
The controller gui program works on xim1 and could do toggle ads. But you really don't need another app to toggle ads.

Go to your BO controller layout options, change it to nomad. Nomad toggles ads. A few keys will need to be remapped because the layout changed.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Matrox

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03:48 PM - 11/15/10 »
OK i will give that a try. Thanks for the help.

Offline Don

• MVP
  • Northern California
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #25 on: 05:40 PM - 11/15/10 »
The controller gui program works on xim1 and could do toggle ads. But you really don't need another app to toggle ads.

Go to your BO controller layout options, change it to nomad. Nomad toggles ads. A few keys will need to be remapped because the layout changed.
The only problem with nomad is that you can't cancel ADS by sprinting.  It seems small, but really throws me off my game.  That's why I designed the xEmulate config
Proud owner of a XIM3

My Setup:

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
« Reply #26 on: 08:43 PM - 11/15/10 »
Just so everyone knows ,and since a few of you brought it up, we don't support this app or a lot of its features for a few reasons. For one: the way it doesn't check a few things when the hardware "locks up". This could - one in a million chance - cause other issues down the line. (this might have been fixed)

Also, and mainly, the abuse of macros and cheating. While xEmulate is pretty powerful as far as configs and macros are concerned, we just don't like XIM being used to blatantly cheat. Yes, yes, I know most macros are purely utilitarian in nature but we all know what their true purposes end up being as d0nskii noted in OP.

Blah blah blah this admin won't shutup ::)

All in all, We don't want to give XIM a bad name. So keep having fun but try not to cheat! (yea... try...)

Offline Jon_Jon

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06:52 AM - 12/19/10 »
...this is an awesome sw...have something to play when getting boredom playing vid games nowadays...

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12:24 PM - 12/19/10 »
Just so everyone knows ,and since a few of you brought it up, we don't support this app or a lot of its features for a few reasons. For one: the way it doesn't check a few things when the hardware "locks up". This could - one in a million chance - cause other issues down the line. (this might have been fixed)

it was.

Also, and mainly, the abuse of macros and cheating. While xEmulate is pretty powerful as far as configs and macros are concerned, we just don't like XIM being used to blatantly cheat. Yes, yes, I know most macros are purely utilitarian in nature but we all know what their true purposes end up being as d0nskii noted in OP.
 We don't want to give XIM a bad name. So keep having fun but try not to cheat! (yea... try...)

you'd be surprised... I use the hell out of this software and I actually don't use the auto/rapid fire "feature".
I do however use the ability to add delays for ADS and put multiple buttons on one key.
frankly it crashes on me far less than the stock software... may be just me though.

Offline Ashenden

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Anokon
  • PSN ID: Anonicc
« Reply #29 on: 02:13 PM - 01/05/11 »
Maybe somebody can help me out with this xEmulate problem. I'm attempting to configure the software to use a PS2 controller with my Xbox 360. I'm using an old SmartJoy to connect the PS2 controller to the PC. I've calibrated my PS2 controller for the PC. I have all buttons, the D-Pad and the Left Stick working properly.

Now on to my one problem, I can't get it to allow my right stick to function at all. In the display for xEmulate, the red dot for Right Stick output is always stuck at the top left of the box. If I set my mouse to control the right stick, it still centers on the top left but can be moved around slightly. I haven't been able to figure out how to fix this, and the entire thing is rendered useless until such a time as I can get the Right Stick to work properly.

Edit: Added unbindall to the top of my cfg. Now the red dot is centered instead of stuck in the top left. Right stick is still nonresponsive. I've tried rx/ry and z/rz to no avail. Any advice on what to try from here would be welcomed.

SmartJoy uses the Z Axis and Z Rotation for its Right Stick.
Current .cfg
unbindall
bind f1 .guide
bind f2 !textmode
bind joy3 .a
bind joy2 .b
bind joy4 .x
bind joy1 .y
bind joy7 .leftbumper
bind joy8 .rightbumper
bind joy10 .back
bind joy9 .start
bind joy11 .leftstick
bind joy12 .rightstick
bind joy6 .righttrigger
bind joy5 .lefttrigger
bind joyx leftstickx
bind joyy leftsticky -invert
bind joyz rightstickx
bind joyrz rightsticky -invert
bind povup .up
bind povdown .down
bind povleft .left
bind povright .right

And of course just to nullify all the work of writing this up, I just got it working. Oh well, I'm happy. :}
« Last Edit: 03:28 PM - 01/05/11 by Ashenden »
A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.