XIM Community

Best Cheap Keyboard for Xim4  (Read 1395 times)

Offline ArmaPL

• View Profile
Best Cheap Keyboard for Xim4
« on: 09:40 AM - 08/12/15 »
So I am thinking of ordering Xim soon, but still haven't made a decision on what keyboard should I buy :S

I was thinking of few : like SteelSeries Apex Raw/ Razer Blackwidow/ Razer DathStalker

Apex Raw looks nice and would be my pick, but I recently learned of mechanical keyboards which sound like they are better for gaming.

Both Razers are bit expensive.

So any suggestions ?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Best Cheap Keyboard for Xim4
« Reply #1 on: 04:11 PM - 08/12/15 »
never ever buy a razer keyboard if its main purpose is to play with XIM, they dont run very good without a PC attached

as for the best cheap keyboard, i played for years on a Dell Slimline Keyboard, they cost between 5-10Ä
very quality rubberdome keyboard

if you want a mechanical keyboard for a reasonable price id look into the corsair and coolermaster keyboards, they have a range of 60-80Ä and do come with all the features that the 100-150Ä keyboards have
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline MercyOneTrick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:10 PM - 02/13/18 »
never ever buy a razer keyboard if its main purpose is to play with XIM, they dont run very good without a PC attached
Sorry for the necro, but I saw this and just wanted to say that itís not really true, at least in my experience. Iíve been using a razer black widow chroma with my Xim4 for months and it has worked great and Iíve had absolutely zero problems. Not sure about other razer keyboards, but you absolutely can buy a blackwidow chroma with the intention of using it with xim4.
« Last Edit: 11:05 PM - 02/13/18 by MercyOneTrick »
Logitech G903 lightspeed wireless
Razer Blackwidow Chroma OW edition
Roccat Alumic mouse pad (black speed side)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:54 PM - 02/13/18 »
Sorry for the necro, but I saw this and just wanted to say that itís not really true at all. Iíve been using a razer black widow chroma with my Xim4 for months and it has worked great and Iíve had absolutely zero problems. Not sure about other razer keyboards, but you absolutely can buy a blackwidow chroma with the intention of using it with xim4.

the chroma is one of the very few that works as intended
at the time of the post (2015) pretty much no razer keyboard would work acceptably with the xim, as of lately razer has realized that they need to increase their quality and the chroma is one of those results :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline MercyOneTrick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:51 PM - 02/13/18 »
the chroma is one of the very few that works as intended
at the time of the post (2015) pretty much no razer keyboard would work acceptably with the xim, as of lately razer has realized that they need to increase their quality and the chroma is one of those results :)
Ah I see, so basically chroma is one of the only good razer keyboards for Xim? In that case itís a good thing I didnít buy one of the other razer keyboards from the Xim4 compatible hardware list instead.
Logitech G903 lightspeed wireless
Razer Blackwidow Chroma OW edition
Roccat Alumic mouse pad (black speed side)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:44 PM - 02/14/18 »
Ah I see, so basically chroma is one of the only good razer keyboards for Xim? In that case itís a good thing I didnít buy one of the other razer keyboards from the Xim4 compatible hardware list instead.

yes, its similar with their mice too
the chroma/eltie series are (pretty much) the only ones that work exactly as advertised in combination with a xim :)

Offline GitGud

• MVP
  • Join the discord! It's where the fun's at!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:53 AM - 02/15/18 »
So I am thinking of ordering Xim soon, but still haven't made a decision on what keyboard should I buy :S

I was thinking of few : like SteelSeries Apex Raw/ Razer Blackwidow/ Razer DathStalker

Apex Raw looks nice and would be my pick, but I recently learned of mechanical keyboards which sound like they are better for gaming.

Both Razers are bit expensive.

So any suggestions ?

I got the Apex Raw/Apex 300. Great keyboard used it for about 3 years now. I hate mechanical keyboards so I went for membrane!
My Current Setup + CouchMaster Review | PUBG Config | XIM Apex | Xbox One X |
SteelSeries Rival 600 | SteelSeries Dex | SteelSeries Apex M500 | SteelSeries Siberia 800 | Turtle Beach Stream Mic | 27' iiyama G-Master | CouchMaster Cycon

Offline Akiiba

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: I akiiba i
« Reply #7 on: 06:20 AM - 02/15/18 »
Corsair K55.. Love it
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be.

Offline Dodge

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: RheinlandFluch
  • PSN ID: Malarn71
« Reply #8 on: 04:35 PM - 02/21/18 »
I like the sharkoon Skiller SGK1.
PS4 Pro & XB1 X |Mon: BenQ RL2455HM | Pad: SS Dex| KB: G910| HS: Sennheiser GSP 350| M: Rival 600 DPI: 4000| P: 1000hz |

Offline Jister

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:35 PM - 02/21/18 »
I got this mechanical keyboard

For the price you can't go wrong

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073PW3Y6W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1