XIM Community

Idea - Sony Nav trigger stops (like Scuff)  (Read 3694 times)

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
Idea - Sony Nav trigger stops (like Scuff)
« on: 03:41 AM - 05/19/15 »
As someone who migrated over from playing FPS games on the Wii and using the nunchuck, one of the first things that stood out to me was how much dead space there was when pressing the trigger. It feels like it takes a million years for it to register. Then the other day I stumbled across the fact that Scuff controllers have this concept of a trigger stop. This is probably old news to most of you but it blew my mind - this is exactly what I need on Nav! Have any of you tried to retrofit this into your Nav? I'd love to try it out.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, Switch Joy-Con, Logitech G502, Razer mouse bungee, SteelSeries 4HD mousepad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My setup (incl. Joy-Con mount): https://bit.ly/2jic7bG

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Using a Nav? Frustrated by the lack of buttons? See here: https://bit.ly/2JINRuB

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline teh1

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: teh1
Re: Idea - Sony Nav trigger stops (like Scuff)
« Reply #1 on: 10:14 PM - 02/25/16 »
I know this thread is super old but I just ran across it . But a set screw under the trigger will do the trick. It pushes the trigger back and removes dead space.

Offline SILENT TRIGGER

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
  • PSN ID: SlLENT_TRlGGER_X
« Reply #2 on: 10:33 AM - 02/26/16 »
@teh1
u have that idea that this will works, or u have do this with your nav?
can uplease show a picture of it?

i also play with nav and i also dont like the dead space..
finger speed is around 43,2 Km/h so it is around 120cm/s,
so if i want to press a button i have around 8,3ms laag for 1cm deadspace..

Offline teh1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:05 AM - 03/18/16 »
Sorry for the late response. yes I have done this on my nav. just a set screw right under the trigger. If I figure out how to post pics I will.

Offline jayjack

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:11 AM - 03/18/16 »
Interested in this.
I don't have my nav with me and can't visualize this mod.
I would  like clarification.

Offline kentonlong

• The hardest step to take is the one out of bed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:50 AM - 03/30/16 »

Here is a visual representation of what we're talking about, basically adding the screw right under your trigger. The only issue with using screws is they will begin to rub down the area where it is pressed, and can get stuck on the grooves it creates over time. I recommend using rubber grommets for tattoo machines. These are easier to place, harder to move, and do not damage the controller. I've always just used gorilla glue to stick them on, and it hasn't failed me yet. Total investment is only roughly 5 bucks for all of it.

The largest thing to keep in mind is placement. If you place them too close to the controller end, you risk being unable to press the trigger. If you place them too close to the trigger edge, you end up with the deadzone we want to avoid. Figuring out the right spot is pretty simple, just find where it initially registers the button is being pulled and mark it. Make sure to put it right on the edge of the trigger end of the line, it's a simple mistake but can be incredibly aggravating. I will do this to my nav tonight and post new pictures for reference.

Finally, if you do get the grommets and gorrilla glue, you can easily make back your investment. After letting alot of my friends play with my controller, they often loved the stops. Charge 5 bucks a controller, and let the spare change roll in. (just don't let them know it's 30 seconds of work! ;D)

Crying: Acceptable at funerals and the Grand Canyon.

Offline DomA

• View Profile
    • Youtube
  • PSN ID: DomAll
« Reply #6 on: 04:08 AM - 03/31/16 »
Aha, makes sense now. I actually opened up the controller looking for a spot to insert a screw to trigger the switch :)
PS3/PS4 2tb - XIM4 - G502 - Nav - Optoma HD141X - HD598 - Mixamp - Hauppauge HD PVR Rocket

http://www.twitch.tv/snafudom/
https://www.youtube.com/user/snafudom/

Offline kentonlong

• The hardest step to take is the one out of bed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:23 AM - 03/31/16 »
Gave it a shot last night, unfortunately I was disappointed.

This is a picture of the controller without any pressure on the trigger:

And this is where the button registers

As you can see, the button does not register until it is pushed in almost fully, rendering traditional trigger stops useless. You could put one on , but you will only be saving maybe a centimeter of space. I am intrigued at the concept however, and I'll be getting a used nav controller to take apart and see if there's any good way to integrate stops.
Crying: Acceptable at funerals and the Grand Canyon.

Offline teh1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:02 AM - 04/01/16 »
I didn't put the stops in the actual trigger but in the shell right under the trigger to stop the trigger from coming out.

Offline Thedivergent03

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: TheDivergent03
« Reply #9 on: 02:03 AM - 01/23/17 »
can you install different thumb sticks in the nav
~Ps4
~asus rog g20cb
~ 2 asus vg248qe
~Logitech G502
~Razer Tartarus
~Corsair Straffe