XIM Community

The Official XIM "Post Your Setup Pics" Thread  (Read 66065 times)

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Re: The Official XIM "Post Your Setup Pics" Thread
« Reply #135 on: 07:44 AM - 05/07/18 »
Finally got around to tidying up the mancave enough to not be completely embarrassed to share!

From left to right(ish):
Sky hub (with Netduma underneath, but overexposed)
PS4 Pro
PC with spare controller on top
Aten switch
Apex connected to red controller
Aten 2 Port USB switch
Astro MixAmp 2013
USB 3.0 hub connected to PC
Allreli T9+ keypad
Coolermaster CMStorm Swift-RX XL mouse mat
LG 27UD58 4K monitor
SteelSeries Apex m800 connected to PC only
Swiftpoint Z mouse
Dell Latitude 10 tablet with docking station
Generic BT keyboard for the Dell
Epson XP-950 A3 photo printer

Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, CM Swift-RX XL, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 4690k@4.2GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill RipjawsX@2000MHz, XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline BeastModeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 01:21 AM - 05/09/18 »
is that a landline!? is that an analog clock literally right next to the digital clock in the corner of your monitor  ;D ;D ;D

jk. badass setup. that 4k monitor, gaming keypad and xl mouse mat look good.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 02:28 AM - 05/09/18 »
is that a landline!? is that an analog clock literally right next to the digital clock in the corner of your monitor  ;D ;D ;D

jk. badass setup. that 4k monitor, gaming keypad and xl mouse mat look good.
is that a landline!?
Yes.
is that an analog clock literally right next to the digital clock in the corner of your monitor
Yes.

What can I say? I'm old school!
badass setup. that 4k monitor, gaming keypad and xl mouse mat look good.
Thank you. 
I'm quite proud of it, although I'm a bit limited by space.
Having said that, Tabor Hill games from within a cupboard, so I shouldn't complain! ;)
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, CM Swift-RX XL, Audio Technica ATH AD700, MixAmp Pro, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 4690k@4.2GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill RipjawsX@2000MHz, XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 02:43 AM - 05/09/18 »
Finally got around to tidying up the mancave enough to not be completely embarrassed to share!
Dude, you need to mow your phone.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 03:53 AM - 05/09/18 »
;D
Present from the Mrs.
Grassphone. One of a kind.
Where's Half-Life 3?

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 10:20 AM - 05/09/18 »
;D
Present from the Mrs.
Grassphone. One of a kind.
And on a separate note, isn't it about time we saw your set up?
Where's Half-Life 3?

Offline roninsonic

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: SledgeTheWicked
« Reply #141 on: 12:20 PM - 05/09/18 »

Figured I would post my setup, since someone was nice enough to iink this thread for me.  Beware, I'm a cheapskate ;D .  I set out with one goal in mind- set up a comfortable gaming station for as cheap as possible, because I was sick of sitting on the couch using the TV. Once I ordered the Xim, I realied that I had nowhere to actually USE it... up to that point, I had been playing with a controller and either sitting in a fold-up chair in front of the TV or on the couch.

All in all, I'm VERY happy with it. This is the first time I've ever had a dedicated spot to play, and BOY, does it make a difference... And I'm not going to lie, I also really enjoy seeing how cheaply I can accomplish something without sacrificing quality. I doubt I could have set up this rig any cheaper.

So, the setup-

-Xbox One S (actually a Minecraft edition, 1TB... FB Marketplace, $200 New In Box, around 2 years ago)

-Western Digital My Passport Ultra 4TB USB 3.0 external HDD. Price- $2. :) (I found it brand new, unopened in the trunk of a car at the junkyard... They charged me the standard "found item" fee ($4), minus 50% discount because my ex-roommate works there and 50% is the friends and family discount)

-Console is connected directly to one of the Ethernet ports on my router via a 14' CAT6 cable. World of difference wired vs WiFi, BTW.

- I've got everything running on one GE surge protector. (Xbox, Monitor, speakers), along with my printer and a battery charger for my vape.

-Xim Apex, using the factory XB1 controller that came with the One S. (Amazon Prime with free 2 day shipping. $122.49 ($124.99 minus the 2% I get back with Amazon Prime by using my debit card to reload Amazon balance)

-Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum mouse. $45 from Best Buy.

-Logitech G203 Prodigy keyboard. $28.40 from Best Buy- I got them to price match an online retailer, and I also received a military discount at checkout.

-HP Omen 24.5 gaming monitor. 144Hz, 1ms response time, AMD Freesync enabled. Best Buy has them on sale for $189.99. I received a 10% military discount on top of that, so I played around $175 after taxes.

-Speakers- Cyber Acoustics CA-3602FFP off of Amazon. Two pods, each with two drivers in a ported housing, as well as a mid-range/sub underneath the desk. They also have a control pod with an aux input for phone, ect. They're powered via a wall outlet, and draw input from the 3.5mm audio jack on the monitor. $38, free kne day shipping.

-Turtle Beach Elite 800X wireless surround sound headset. I THINK I paid around $175 for them somewhere online a year and a half or so ago.

-(back up, haven't used it yet) Sony PS3 NavCon and Nyko "chargelink" cable. $3 for the NavCon, $11 for the cable. Both bought at Gamestop.

-XB1 Elite controller. I paid the standard Gamestop Rewards price. I imagine I'll still use this for racing games and offline play 

-Desk and chair- Both are from OfficeMax, "realspace" brand. The Desk is a glass top two level, Merido model. The chair is a Harrington 2 in burgundy leather. Both were on sale marked WAY, WAY down... the desk for $117 (reg. $220), the chair for $114 (reg. $200), plus a 10% military discount. After tax, it was around $222 for both. I actually went up there originally to get a gaming chair that showed in stock, but after I sat in their demo, k mo longer wanted it. It felt like sitting on a pile of bricks.  I was also going to originally get an Atlantis gaming desk off of Amazon, but got the glass top instead. It was cheaper,  had more space, and looked nicer as well.

-"Business solutions" keyboard wrist rest, also from Office Max. $7.50.

-"Glorious Gaming" mouse wrist pad from Amazon, $13.50.

-AmazonBasics mouse pad, $5.50. (While functional, I'll be upgrading. I've got my eye on the hard surface Logitech G440 that's supposedly designed for high DPI gaming. Another option I ha w in mind is the G840 XL, just because I think the huge surface will help me out- I've discovered that I dont like lifting the mouse)

Aside from the mouse pad, my only other plans as of now are do so something for cable management so it doesn't look so cluttered behind the desk, and I think I may wire up some RGB led strips to the back edge of the desk glass, simply for looks while I'm playing. I have the studd laying around already along with an RBG controller. My hope is to match the lighting effects of the keyboard and mouse.

Offline S13002931

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: S13002932
« Reply #142 on: 03:09 PM - 05/17/18 »

From left to right(ish):
PS4 Pro
Aten switch
Aten 2 Port USB switch
Astro MixAmp 2013
Allreli T9+ keypad
LG 27UD58 4K monitor
Swiftpoint Z mouse

Great setup.

Netduma ?????????   Is it  Netduma R1  or    one from  Netgear  with Netduma Os ?

I happen to have  Netduma R1   ( white small router ) with  alot of features.   Recently bought  for £149.99   from Amazon  UK.

Glad to see others have   Netduma too.  I thought  I wasted my money.    Like to  use Vpn  n  switch   see different players in   Darkzone  in The Division.   

Offline MaliciousHiccup

• View Profile
    • Twitch
  • Gamertag: MaliciousHiccup
  • PSN ID: gheystationblowz
« Reply #143 on: 09:20 PM - 05/18/18 »
im feeling self concious about my budget setup after seein some of yalls but here goes...
My Set Up:
XIM APEX
Logitech G502 Mouse
Razer Orbweaver Gamepad
Xbox One Elite Controller
32" Emerson LCD TV
Vuzix iWear Video Headphones

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 11:34 PM - 05/18/18 »

From left to right(ish):
PS4 Pro
Aten switch
Aten 2 Port USB switch
Astro MixAmp 2013
Allreli T9+ keypad
LG 27UD58 4K monitor
Swiftpoint Z mouse

Great setup.

Netduma ?????????   Is it  Netduma R1  or    one from  Netgear  with Netduma Os ?

I happen to have  Netduma R1   ( white small router ) with  alot of features.   Recently bought  for £149.99   from Amazon  UK.

Glad to see others have   Netduma too.  I thought  I wasted my money.    Like to  use Vpn  n  switch   see different players in   Darkzone  in The Division.
Thank you.  :)

Itís the R1.
Doesnít look pretty, does it? But itís a great bit of kit. I have my ping filter set to 30 ms and distance to ~500 miles and very rarely get connection problems (uk).

Looking forward to netduma OS!
Where's Half-Life 3?