XIM Community

Wireless capability  (Read 147 times)

Offline xxxMCHxxx

• View Profile
Wireless capability
« on: 09:50 AM - 01/15/18 »
I have been lurking on here for the past month reading up on the Xim4 and patiently waiting for the Apex. I have a couple questions for those of you that might know.

For us couch gamers, is there any way to run the Apex with out a USB extension cable stretching 15' across the floor?

I have looked around to see if there is such a thing as a wireless USB hub with a dongle that could plug directly in to the back of the Apex dongle but I didn't have any luck finding such a device.

Any ideas or is the only option wireless keyboard, mouse and headset? I'll be using a G13 so no wireless option for that.
« Last Edit: 10:06 AM - 01/15/18 by xxxMCHxxx »

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
Re: Wireless capability
« Reply #1 on: 10:04 AM - 01/15/18 »
Wireless peripherals are pretty much the only way to achieve this.
Xbox One / PC
XIM 4 / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline pRS317

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:24 PM - 01/15/18 »
I believe you can use an extender.  It may be possible to get a USB hub with a long cable as well.  I was looking at this and wondering if it can be used:

https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Extension-Active-Repeater-Booster/dp/B00BWK9VZ2/

what a pain to post to this forum.  third time going through the questions....

Offline FortyOne

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Forty0ne
  • PSN ID: Forty_One
« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:11 PM »
I have been lurking on here for the past month reading up on the Xim4 and patiently waiting for the Apex. I have a couple questions for those of you that might know.

For us couch gamers, is there any way to run the Apex with out a USB extension cable stretching 15' across the floor?

I have looked around to see if there is such a thing as a wireless USB hub with a dongle that could plug directly in to the back of the Apex dongle but I didn't have any luck finding such a device.

Any ideas or is the only option wireless keyboard, mouse and headset? I'll be using a G13 so no wireless option for that.

I ran (40 +ft) to my xim4 from my living to room to my office.  The only issue you will run into is it will increase the powerdraw so you will have to add a powered hub into the mix. I ended up pulling out all the wires out of the wall cause I got my wife a ps4 pro and moved the regular into my office.  But performance wise your all good.

Edit:  I forgot to mention your gonna need something called a usb repeater cable. 

Come Join us on Discord.  Its a great way to
chat and meet up with your fellow ximmers.
Just click on the Image to your left to Join.
<------------------------------------------
Link : SandhawC Profile Loader