XIM Community

PS4 won't turn on. Set-up help, please.  (Read 2511 times)

Offline lordgonz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: LORD__GONZ
PS4 won't turn on. Set-up help, please.
« on: 03:41 PM - 11/06/14 »
Hi everyone, I'm really excited about my brand new XIM4 (just bought a PS4 last week after 10 years away from gaming, I'm 30 BTW) that just came in yesterday, so I won't be absolutely horrible at COD:AW, but I am also super stressed right now trying to set this up. Before I began last night, I spent a couple hours reading through all the steps required for installation and I also read a whole bunch of posts on here (I am SO THANKFUL XIM has an active community, it's half the reason I chose this one in particular). So, I just wanted to make sure this would go smoothly, as I am no computer expert, but I can usually figure things like this out given a bit of time. However, I would so easily love to pay someone $50 to come over and set everything up for me right now. (I'm in the city of Orange down in southern California if anyone is seriously around here and want to make a few quick bucks)

But first, let me explain my exact set up and what I have going on, maybe it won't be as complicated as I think...

I have a PS4 with that system's dual shock controller connected through a micro USB cable, and the included micro USB cable is what connects my system to the xim4. Next in slot two I have a Playstation Move controller hooked up to the XIM with a mini USB cable. Finally, in slot three I have a brand new Logitech G502 gaming mouse connected with it's attached USB cable. I used my macbook pro to properly configure my mouse with Logitech's software first before trying to set up the XIM.
ALSO, I do not have a PC to use XIM manager, but I do have a Galaxy tablet with Android 4.4 that I was able to successfully run the XIM MANAGER APP on.

I'm not sure where I screwed up, but the beginning on STEP 3 after you connect everything it says, "With your console already on, and displaying on your TV, connect your XIM4 to your console using the supplied USB" THEN it goes on to say to press the PS button AFTER it powers up and does the rainbow display and starts breathing red. Well, how is my console supposed to be ON and DISPLAYING ON THE TV when I can't turn it on without pressing the PS button first?? This confused me, I looked around, and ended up plugging everything in and then pressing the PS button first to turn everything on and then proceeded with the steps to set everything up.

THEN, everything seemed to be going fine (despite the confusion earlier which didn't seem to affect anything) until STEP 7 when I am supposed to set my game's look speed. I went to use my regular PS4 controller to move what was going on the screen, but I think my controller had gone to sleep and I couldn't control anything on screen. I figured that maybe I could finish programming the move controller and mouse, then I could control my screen. Mapping the keys was very easy, they all were detected and punched in, but after I finished I still had no control over my system.
Nothing was responding.
I know my controller was fully charged, but I totally forgot about it going into rest mode after 15 minutes of no use. Seeing that my PS button wouldn't work, and I didn't want to leave my system on all night, I did something I probably should not have done (looking back on it at least) and I just unplugged the power from my system to turn it off. Now, it won't turn on at all when I go to push my PS button on my Dualshock controller, my controller just blinks a light blueish white light a few times and stops. The xim is unplugged from the system, but I think I screwed something up...I was so tired, frustrated, and angry at myself last night that I decided it was best to just go to bed and then work on it today when I would have some free time.

So, that's my problem. I'm quite frustrated and so very desperate for help. I appreciate all who take the time to read this and help out in any way. I hope to someday be able to contribute to this community or at least be able to explain all this and help out other's after this is fixed.

thanks again!
-Jared
« Last Edit: 03:48 PM - 11/06/14 by lordgonz »

Offline zowie player

• Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation
    • View Profile
Re: PS4 won't turn on. Set-up help, please.
« Reply #1 on: 04:06 PM - 11/06/14 »
Well, turn on the ps4 with the power button on the console itself
-Disable power saving feature in the ps4 options for the xim4 not to be turned off by that.
if your ps4 doesn't turn on then check the cable. You did nothing wrong anyway, but you shouldn't unplug the ps4 from power
if xim4 freezes then just disconnect it from the ps4 and reconnect it
===================
you should first start by turning on the ps4->plug the ds4 into the xim4->connect your peripherals (mouse keyboard) into the xim4->connect your xim4 to the ps4->you wont be able to use keyboard or mouse after until you press the ps button on your ds4.
« Last Edit: 04:11 PM - 11/06/14 by zowie player »

M: g502 /K:Logitech Xim E/4/Ps3/Ps4
G502 12000dpi 1000hz polling; Xim4 Stv2
G502 800dpi 1000hz PC

Offline lordgonz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:21 PM - 11/06/14 »
Oh wow...i'm an idiot. Of course, the power button ON the PS4.  Hah! Like I said, just got this last week (used, so no box and manual). I didn't even realize there was an actual power button on there because it's not marked AND is completely invisible . Man, I'm so glad someone was able to answer back and slap some sense into me. Thanks again!

Offline lordgonz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:54 PM - 11/06/14 »
Awesome, it's up and running perfectly now!! That was so easy! Hahaha so much stress over the dumbest thing, but it was super easy once I had that all figured out. Now to get everything tuned in. Thanks again for pointing out my mistake, I can't wait to report back with my experience!

Offline kaushalmalkan11

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:40 PM - 01/07/18 »
This is what you need.