XIM Community

XIM4 Vehicle Turning Tips  (Read 83512 times)

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Vehicle turning tips and library
« Reply #30 on: 10:50 PM - 08/12/14 »
For what purpose? 3850 is the difference in deadzone, it won't feel faster using this value it will just initiate movement when you being to move the mouse. Using a lower value adds to the deadzone making smaller mouse movements not picked up. This is the value for primary vehicles by the way so if there's another purpose your using it for then the above goes out he window. Anyway, try lowering your sensitivity to 1.0 or below when testing various boost values to see when movement begins with smaller mouse movements. This is how I came up with these numbers.

^ Looking back at this I missed something I wanted to emphasis. In the case of inflating the deadzone size to account for the difference in the soldier hip vs vehicle driver look mechenic, boost isn't really a subjective knob until you go over the minimum value needed. If you were to go over 3850 to get a faster feel it would be subjective in my opinion. This would be useful with jets I think but values under the minimum are less subjective because you aren't engaging movement at the right time.

Also, if you want to tweak how fast or slow vehicles feel at certain points of your swipe you should always start by using the correct boost value (if it even needs it), a medium sensitivity and then play with the ballistic curve. Lowering the curve below the line at the beginning will give you a slower start, raising it above the line as you go up will add acceleration to your swipe.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline lilboosie

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 02:47 AM - 08/14/14 »
Now that there is a new st for bf4 do I need make a new config for tanks also? Or can I use the old st since it for soldier ads.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 10:46 AM - 08/14/14 »
No it only applies to soldier ads. That being said are you using a second config for vehicles or an additional setting inside your BF4 soldier config? The latter is ideal since it allows you to set a local activation switch versus a global switch that a config hotkey provides.

Offline RatJelly

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: RatJelly
« Reply #33 on: 07:24 PM - 08/22/14 »
I haven't seen this mentioned but I didn't want to start a whole new thread. I thought I would post here since I found this when I was making my vehicle configs. I do not know if it is by design but I have found a minor inconvenience with the configs within a single profile. I think the best way for me to describe it is to demonstrate my set up.

Config BF4
Hip settings
ADS settings bound to mouse right on hold
Tank settings bound to T on toggle
Heli settings bound to H on toggle
Jet settings bound to J on toggle
"Reset" settings bound to an extra mouse button on hold. I use this for two purposes 1. I play on low sensitivity so I use this button as a quick turn button 2. when on tank, heli, or jet a quick press will reset my settings to hip if I exit the vehicle.

I have these different settings so that I can have different key bindings for different vehicles. What I have found is that settings within a profile only "recognize" the settings that are after that individual profile. Example: I have pressed J to enable my jet profile. I cannot then immediately use a hot key to enable my heli or tank profile. This generally isn't an issue as there isn't a need to directly switch from vehicle to vehicle immediately. The problem arises when I exit a vehicle and try to reset my settings with a mouse click.

I figured this out since I created my Reset config before I set up the others and it did not work to reset my sensitivity or bindings. I had to move it to the last position for it to be recognized when pressed during the tank, heli, or jet profile. While this might be by design to ensure setting A takes precedence over B which takes precedence over B, it would be either 1. good to note so that people are aware this exists and they can therefore create their profiles accordingly or 2. make sure that hot keys used to activate profiles work regardless of the order they are input into manager.

Example for settings in "wrong" order
Hip settings
ADS settings
Reset settings
Tanks settings
Heli settings
Jet settings

If I have activated Tanks settings by pressing "T" I cannot clear the settings by pressing mouse 3 (hot key for reset settings)

Sorry if this is scatterbrained, but hopefully the issue can be interpreted based on this. Please ask any clarifying questions if you don't understand.

Offline RatJelly

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: RatJelly
« Reply #34 on: 04:27 PM - 08/31/14 »
Anyone here who played Destiny with a XIM? Was it necessary to change your sensitivities or curves when using vehicles in Destiny? Thanks in advance.

Offline l8nghtgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 05:56 PM - 09/06/14 »
So if I just copy the numbers you have on the pics I'll get the same thing as your cut and paste link you have in red because I don't really understand ballistic curves and how they work wish there was a you tube video explaining them

Offline sharpz

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 09:12 AM - 09/11/14 »
How would I set this for using g502 and sony nav, do I still use the same as Odins video...thanks

Offline novakane

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 11:04 AM - 09/14/14 »
I see a lot of BF references but does anybody have anything solid that's been working for them for Ghosts?? I can barely turn my Helo, hehe.

Offline Nadim66

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: mAnYaK666
« Reply #38 on: 11:23 AM - 12/29/14 »
Hello everyone !! Just got the xim4 on xmas and I am having problems with the sensitivity on vehicles.
I am using the values posted at the beginning of this post which seem solid but I need help in imputing the code for the ballistic !!
Simply, how do u do that ???

Offline gduck24

• View Profile
    • Make Mod Hack
  • Gamertag: grayskuii
« Reply #39 on: 12:28 PM - 12/29/14 »
Just open this thread on your phone that has xim manager,  copy from >>> start to  end >>>,  including arrows.  Open xim manager,  goto the ballistic editor for the vehicle config and hit the Paste button.  (box with down arrow in it).
Save and your done.
I gotta quit welding in flip flops...

Offline Nadim66

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 08:56 AM - 02/28/15 »
I used the curve to boost the sensitivity and I didnt like it !!
How do you restore the original y=x curve??

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 11:03 AM - 02/28/15 »
To the right of the curve graph there is box with a diagonal line in it that will return your curve to it's default linear position.

Offline Nadim66

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 04:44 AM - 03/01/15 »
I cant find this icon on my xim manager !!
Here is a photo showing my manager interface !!
Plz advise...

http://imgur.com/Ufwhe69

Offline V3n0m15

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 06:00 AM - 03/01/15 »
I cant find this icon on my xim manager !!
Here is a photo showing my manager interface !!
Plz advise...

http://imgur.com/Ufwhe69
Update your firmware and xim manager and it will appear
XBox One, XIM4, Logitech G502, Razer Orbweaver, Behringer Xenyx 802 audio Mixer, DSS1, Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X, Boom XLR Microphone, KVM Switch, Razer Goliathus Speed Mat

Offline Dupree

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Dupree31
« Reply #44 on: 01:01 PM - 05/21/15 »
do i have to make 4 diferent configs for soldier/tank/heli/plane? because i did copy the balistics and when i enter the tank i have to check the right stick in order to move the canon but the tank still won't work in any direction.. any help pls?
Playstation4 PRO#
Xim4#
Keyboard:Logitech K360 Wireless
Mouse:Logitech G900 Wireless mode :ON
Mouse pad:Logitech G240
Headphones :Sony Gold Wireless