XIM Community

Xbox One controller in place of the Sony Nav?  (Read 31 times)

Offline foo

• View Profile
Xbox One controller in place of the Sony Nav?
« on: 07:38 PM - 05/23/17 »
Before I purchase another Sony Nav that could fail at any point, is it possible to have one Xbone controller plugged into port 3 and another plugged into port 2 (in place of a Sony Nav) or does that create some internal controller conflict with the XIM4? I've tried using two different Xbox One controllers both fully charged with micro usb cables that are confirmed working with no results. But when I use a 360 controller plugged into port 2, no problems at all. I would just use the Xbone controller plugged into port 3, but the console doesn't allow the triggers to be remapped like the other buttons and I like having my jump button on the left trigger where the XIM4 allows me to map it.
« Last Edit: 09:12 PM - 05/23/17 by foo »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ant1th3s1s
  • PSN ID: ant1th3s1s
Re: Xbox One controller in place of the Sony Nav?
« Reply #1 on: 09:51 PM - 05/23/17 »
Have you tried just picking up the XB1 controller and rebinding the buttons on the console?

ant1th3s1s on PSN | XBL | Steam | WII U | 3DS | iOS

Offline foo

• View Profile
Re: Xbox One controller in place of the Sony Nav?
« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:47 AM »
The left and right triggers are the only two inputs that can't be changed when rebinding buttons through the console.

When using an Xbone controller in port 3, an Xbone controller plugged into port 2 won't even power-up when the XIM4 is plugged into the Xbone console.
Everything does power-up and register in XIM4 manager when plugged into a pc.
All cables are in working order with fully charged batteries.
I have the latest firmware & manager.
The console and controllers are stock and not the "S" variation.
Is an Xbone controller not meant to be plugged into port 2 when using the XIM4 with the Xbone console?