XIM Community

Custom PS4 & Xbox One Audio Setup Wiring Diagram  (Read 117903 times)

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
Re: Custom PS4 Audio Setup Wiring Diagram
« Reply #30 on: 02:17 PM - 03/30/14 »
Ugh I wish I saw this be for I bought the ps gold headset... Nice job rez... maybe I can return them.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline Sh1nob1

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 09:08 AM - 04/02/14 »

*If you guys want to save a few bucks for the SYBA USB Adapter you can get it from*
Newegg @ $8.49 +Free Shipping

*Update*
SYBA USB Adapter for $6.49 with free shipping at Newegg
Use promo code EMCPFPW77 (Ends 4/7)

()xxxxxxxxx||::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
        Eat, Sleep ,Assasinate

Offline rezneffix

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11:08 AM - 04/02/14 »

*If you guys want to save a few bucks for the SYBA USB Adapter you can get it from*
Newegg @ $8.49 +Free Shipping

*Update*
SYBA USB Adapter for $6.49 with free shipping at Newegg
Use promo code EMCPFPW77 (Ends 4/7)

Thanks!

Offline XIBangBang

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: XIBangBang
  • PSN ID: XIBangBang
« Reply #33 on: 10:08 AM - 04/09/14 »
Dont know if anyone can help, but i can not get this setup to work with my dss. It only has an analog in not a second aux in. Is that the reason?

Offline rezneffix

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03:16 PM - 04/09/14 »
Dont know if anyone can help, but i can not get this setup to work with my dss. It only has an analog in not a second aux in. Is that the reason?

Yes the reason for the aux in is so that you can feed that incoming chat audio back into the dss2 and that way you get incoming chat mixed in with the game audio. Right now you are probably getting incoming chat audio but you just cannot hear it. I will do some research and see if I can help you set it up somehow without you having to purchase additional stuff. I will get back to you.

Offline rezneffix

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 03:28 PM - 04/09/14 »
Okay I did some searching on the internet and I believe the DSS has no mixing capability. Would you PM with additional info on whether you have a headset or a headphone and separate mic.

You could always buy a separate mixer but those are expensive. I think the only option you really have is the dss2 or you could get a headset (headphone+mic combo like turtlebeaches). Headsets typically have a built in mixer so that you can still get 7.1 surround sound game audio and decent quality chat audio.

I will think about it some more and see how I can help you once you give me some more details.

Offline XIBangBang

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 04:43 PM - 04/09/14 »
Funny as well when i asked the playstation help forum:

"I have Dolby 5.1 surround headset with no mic attached(turtle beach dss with audio technica ad700). When i plug in a mic. The chat audio is only available to "headphones" not to primary output. This means that the chat audio can only go to the mic... This makes absolutely zero sense. The mic is not even an output.. I cannot hear anyone... How can I get chat to work as it does on ps3?"

The answer i was given does not help:

"You don't...
When you enable the CHAT channel with any mic functions. The DSS becomes the coms enabled device...
The USB feed becomes active on the DSS instead of passive power... and the chat goes to the USB feed on the DSS.

Its not the PS4 fault that the DSS only sends chat audio to the USB port, Thats Turtle beaches design to support their USB amplified connected headets being fed from the DSS... that have the chat channels on USB..."

Offline Sh1nob1

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 09:10 AM - 04/10/14 »
XIBangBang the Syba USB adapter will work with the DSS (1)  but is pointless
(You are pretty much using the DSS as a USB extension cord) 

The only way to hear chat audio is if you connect the headphones to the SYBA adapter in which it will be the same as plugging the SYBA adapter directly to the PS4. 
(Either way you will get stereo signal and you have to use the Volume control option on the PS4 to adjust Vol  up/dwn) DSS2 is the way to go since you will have digital signal and be able to adjust the volume on the DSS2 knob.  Hope that helps out bud
()xxxxxxxxx||::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
        Eat, Sleep ,Assasinate

Offline BuryUrDad

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 11:37 AM - 04/11/14 »
Thank you for the nice wiring diagram! My hardware setup is exactly the same. In the PS4 setting I setup
prime Audio = digital out optical
headset = all audio
audio format = Dolby bitstream
With this setup I can't change the volume with the DSS2. Might be because of the digital audio through. Is there any alternative to get the DSS2 volume control working?
What DSS2 settings are recommended in terms for COD/Killzone/Warframe?

Offline rezneffix

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 12:45 PM - 04/11/14 »
Thank you for the nice wiring diagram! My hardware setup is exactly the same. In the PS4 setting I setup
prime Audio = digital out optical
headset = all audio
audio format = Dolby bitstream
With this setup I can't change the volume with the DSS2. Might be because of the digital audio through. Is there any alternative to get the DSS2 volume control working?
What DSS2 settings are recommended in terms for COD/Killzone/Warframe?

You should set headset to chat audio not all audio. This way you are getting game audio through the headphones and no game audio through the syba. Now you should be able to adjust game audio volume using the dss2 volume knob. To adjust chat audio volume to go csettings inside the ps4 and adjust volume of chat that way.

Offline BuryUrDad

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 12:57 PM - 04/11/14 »
You could choose the alternative of having all audio go through the syba from the ps4 chat settings but you lose the amplifier capabilities since the usb is merely an extension of the usb port on the ps4.

Yes,  that works very well :) Missed your quote above.

Offline rezneffix

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 01:30 PM - 04/11/14 »
You could choose the alternative of having all audio go through the syba from the ps4 chat settings but you lose the amplifier capabilities since the usb is merely an extension of the usb port on the ps4.

Yes,  that works very well :) Missed your quote above.

Hey it's totally fine. I'm glad your setup is working out for you!

Offline XIBangBang

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 12:19 PM - 04/14/14 »
I ordered a dss2 from eBay. I hope everything works out.

Offline rezneffix

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 01:55 PM - 04/14/14 »
I ordered a dss2 from eBay. I hope everything works out.

Absolutely. I am loving it. If you have questions you could always PM me.

Offline pdogg6

• Southeast Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 08:54 AM - 04/15/14 »
Man I keep forgetting to view this at home  :-\.  Work blocks the dropbox.com site  >:(.  Could anyone just post a picture?

just used the chat mixer from a Steelseries Siberia v2.

Grey I have those headsets also currently hooked up to the PS3.  I forgot about the USB dongle they came along with.  I've been pluggin my 3.5mm into my Samsung t260hd, which has a headphone jack on the side.  It's my PC monitor also so I sit fairly close so the wires are no problem. Chat has been over bluetooth on my cellphone BT headset.

Are you saying that you can just plug the USB to 3.5mm adapter into the PS4 and the console will recognize the Siberia V2?
« Last Edit: 09:07 AM - 04/15/14 by pdogg6 »
RTR
Setup: PS4 - XIM4 - G500 - Sony Nav.
The Division/Uncharted 4 Gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/user/pdoggcss