XIM Community

Custom PS4 & Xbox One Audio Setup Wiring Diagram  (Read 118063 times)

Offline rezneffix

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Custom PS4 Audio Setup Wiring Diagram
« Reply #15 on: 07:39 AM - 03/27/14 »
nice diagramm :)

Thank you sir!

Offline kramer0731

• View Profile
Re: Custom PS4 Audio Setup Wiring Diagram
« Reply #16 on: 08:33 AM - 03/27/14 »
Thank you for posting this.  Like many others, I have been following the XIM4 development and the only thing I don't like is the no-audio option on the PS4.

I have searched through the other forums but didn't see a clear answer on this.  I do not and have not used a gaming headset for my in-game audio.  All I have ever used is a BT headset (on PS3) and the default mic/chat cable that plugs into the DS4 on PS4.  Gaming with a headset and blocking out all other sound is usually not an option for me, and I wouldn't want to in most cases as I have a 7.1 surround setup that works great.

So, noting this, all I really want is a simple means to chat.  Can I simply use the Syba USB adapter and get a mic/headphone unit and have things work this way?  Again, all I'm looking for here is chat capability, I don't care about mixing/amp/cleanup etc.  As long as folks can hear me (and me them) then I'm good.  I'm assuming I'd need a headset that has a dedicated mic/headphone port but I'd imagine I can find a cheap one rather easily.

Would this work in my scenario?

Hey Kramer! If you just don't want all the complexity with the mixing etc and want to avoid having to buy a DSS2 you could use the headset you have (which means headphone/mic combo like a typical turtlebeaches headset) then all you have to do is plug in your mic output into the mic port of the syba and then plug in the headphone input into the headphone port of the syba and then you need to go to settings and set all audio to come through the controller. This way when you speak it will go through the usb and then game audio along with chat audio will also come back through the syba through the headphone output. If you have only one jack with your headset then you need a headset buddy that will separate the two into mic/headphone and then you do the same thing as I just mentioned. If you still have further problems feel free to just post here.

Thank you for your response.  Exactly what I was hoping to hear.  I have ordered the Syba - I figure I'll use it regardless of what my final configuration is.

Regarding audio in/out - just to be clear, my goal is:
Game audio - out through speakers
Chat audio - out through headset
Mic input - in through headset
(basically mirroring the setup of the DS4 chat cable)

Based on what you wrote above, it sounds like I'll be getting all audio through my headset, which is actually something I'm trying to avoid for many reasons.  Will the solution you outlined above yield my desired result?

Thanks for the suggestion on a headset buddy - I'm assuming something like this is what you're talking about:
http://www.amazon.com/Headset-Buddy-Adapter-Smartphone-01-PH35-PC35/dp/B00332DPDG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1395930384&sr=8-3&keywords=headset+buddy

Lastly, if possible I would  hope to use a headset like the following (vice a Turtle Beach or some other solution):
http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-M214C-Headset-Adjustable-Volume/dp/B000ANOY7M/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1395930688&sr=8-23&keywords=headset

Let me know if you want to take this discussion offline, as I don't want to clutter/hijack this thread more than I already have.  Thanks again for responding.

Offline rezneffix

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10:15 AM - 03/27/14 »
Hey Kramer if you just want chat through headset then follow my instructions but in settings pick only chat audio through headset.

That headset buddy will work. That hesdset will not work. It has 2.5mm jack. Buy one with a 3.5 mm jack. You could also get a 2.5mm to 3.5mm conversion adapter/cable.
« Last Edit: 10:21 AM - 03/27/14 by rezneffix »

Offline Deadkrash

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Deadkrash
« Reply #18 on: 10:44 AM - 03/27/14 »
I am by no means an audiophile so someone has to explain to me why I would do this instead of just plugging in one usb Bluetooth dongle for the Sony Pulse Elite or Sony Gold head phones.

I get chat and 7.1 virtual surround sound wireless, independent chat game audio adjust, with a plug and play usb stick???

So why would I do this??

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11:11 AM - 03/27/14 »
I am by no means an audiophile so someone has to explain to me why I would do this instead of just plugging in one usb Bluetooth dongle for the Sony Pulse Elite or Sony Gold head phones.

I get chat and 7.1 virtual surround sound wireless, independent chat game audio adjust, with a plug and play usb stick???

So why would I do this??

Under your scenario you wouldn't.

No one is saying you "have" to do it like this, not everyone is using the Golds or the Elites.

In other words: this thread isn't for you.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS4 l XIM: Edge l Gaming Monitor: 24" BenQ RL2450HT prad.de rated 4 of 5 stars (gut!) l Headset: Sony Gold Wireless Headset

My config/setup: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Offline rezneffix

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11:18 AM - 03/27/14 »

So why would I do this??

Nobody mentioned that you had to do anything. If you own a pulse elite by all means go ahead and use it. You probably have to set the audio settings to have all audio to come through the headphones. The above writeup allows one to have a custom headphone setup which allows you to buy a much nicer set of headphones like the AD700s or a good pair of Sennheiser headphones. It is a matter of preference. If you like your sony pulse elite and prefer that over other headsets stick with it.
« Last Edit: 11:31 AM - 03/27/14 by rezneffix »

Offline Sh1nob1

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12:44 PM - 03/27/14 »
+1 on the write up and diagram!  Thnx   8)
()xxxxxxxxx||::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
        Eat, Sleep ,Assasinate

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03:16 PM - 03/27/14 »
+1 on the write up and diagram!  Thnx   8)

You went HAM on your sig* I like that you done that.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline GreyMouser

• MVP
  • Mostly PC now until a great exclusive pops up.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/GreyingGamer
« Reply #23 on: 06:41 PM - 03/27/14 »

Thanks for linking me GreyMouser!

np. Glad to help and see rez's writeup get some traction too.
Loadout: kb = Rantopad with Gateron red switches (model RT101-0005); m = g403; PS4 controllers = official; XIM =  XIM4

Offline Sh1nob1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07:10 AM - 03/28/14 »

You went HAM on your sig* I like that you done that.

hahaha got to rep my roots Yeesh_Dale.

I was using the cheap sony headset in one ear over my HD555 LOL. (Was getting the job done but  unconfortable)

*If you guys want to save a few bucks for the SYBA USB Adapter you can get it from*
Newegg @ $8.49 +Free Shipping

()xxxxxxxxx||::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
        Eat, Sleep ,Assasinate

Offline manaus

• Spanking my monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10:45 AM - 03/28/14 »
Off topic question...

Do you guys have in PS4 "recent players"? Because on Xbox One it sucks...there is but doesn't work.  ::)
XimEdge
Console: Xbox 360 & Xbox One
Display: Gateway 21,5" widescreen (FHX2153L)
KB: CM Quick Fire Pro
Mice: DeathAdder 4G
Pad: Razer Destructor 2 Battlefield 4

BF>CoD = Forever

Just a jungle boy from the Amazon :)

Offline rezneffix

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11:24 AM - 03/28/14 »
Off topic question...

Do you guys have in PS4 "recent players"? Because on Xbox One it sucks...there is but doesn't work.  ::)

I believe there is. It's called players met or something similar. I am also fairly sure that it works.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12:29 PM - 03/28/14 »
Off topic question...

I believe there is. It's called players met or something similar. I am also fairly sure that it works.

Correct.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #28 on: 02:59 PM - 03/28/14 »
Sooooooooooooo, what do you do with the audio settings when you want to watch a movie? 

I have everything routed through my AV receiver and want to make sure I don't have to fiddle with the toggles every time my wife / kids want to use the PS4 for watching Frozen. 

=)

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline rezneffix

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 05:00 PM - 03/28/14 »
Sooooooooooooo, what do you do with the audio settings when you want to watch a movie? 

I have everything routed through my AV receiver and want to make sure I don't have to fiddle with the toggles every time my wife / kids want to use the PS4 for watching Frozen. 

=)

I am not entirely sure about what your question is. The PS4 always outputs game audio through the hdmi so no matter what you should always be getting audio through your tv or receiver. I don't think you have to mess with the settings at all.