XIM Community

RC Testers: Need your help  (Read 186221 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
RC Testers: Need your help
« on: 11:42 PM - 11/22/13 »
As you know, we are working hard on XIM4 and the open XIM4 beta for Edge users. We are still early on getting PS4 to work, however, we've discovered something that we wanted to get the community involved in early.

As far as we can tell so far, there is no wired mode for PS4 Dualshock 4 controllers.

Did you know that you could connect your DS4 wirelessly to your PS4 and then plug it wired to a PC (where it'll show up as a joystick) at the same time? Then, if you press buttons or move the sticks, it'll show up on *both* your PS4 and PC! PS4 appears to be always use BT communication over wired.

Obviously, we need wired mode. If anyone comes across any information online about this, please let us know.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
Re: RC Testers: Need your help
« Reply #1 on: 11:54 PM - 11/22/13 »
This is not good news. :(

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:57 PM - 11/22/13 »
Someone in chat brought up 3rd parties. There has to be a 3rd party controller coming that will be wired only.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 12:09 AM - 11/23/13 »
May take awhile unfortunately.

Offline tuffrabit

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #4 on: 12:13 AM - 11/23/13 »
That would mean that everybody would have to buy a 3rd party PS4 controller.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:55 AM - 11/23/13 »

I've seen people use a DS4 controller on a 360 using this:   thing http://www.cronusdevice.com/

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/169660-ps4-dualshock-4-controller-is-compatible-with-the-xbox-360-xbox-one-next

Probably a long shot  but would this usb device be of any help ?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:02 AM - 11/23/13 »
I brought up that too, ds4 working on ps3/360. It doesn't matter because the PS4 only sees it over bluetooth. :( Unless they find a way to support it wirelessly without spoofing we might have to wait for 3rd party controllers.

That would mean that everybody would have to buy a 3rd party PS4 controller.

Let's hope that when they start supporting 3rd party controllers they change the radio behavior for all controllers to shut down when plugged in, not just 3rd party.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:05 AM - 11/23/13 »
Obsiv why do you need a wired mode?
RookCheck: Relax, no one is attacking you personally.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:14 AM - 11/23/13 »
What about the sony stick doesn’t it generate the desired wired mode? But I am sure you tested this already.
This news pretty much hit me like a shockwave.

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #9 on: 01:16 AM - 11/23/13 »
Couldn't you authenticate by pairing the DS4 with the Bluetooth adapter as a temporary solution?

DS4 > BT Adapter > EDGE
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #10 on: 01:19 AM - 11/23/13 »
What's strange to me is I was under the impression that wireless isn't possible/undesired at tournaments/trade-shows, etc.

The controller talks to the PS4 *both* wired and wirelessly when plugged in. It's just that the console is choosing to ignore the wired com completely. XIM works fine with a DS4 attached if it's connected to a PC instead of a PS4.

Yes, we can look at wireless BT com instead, however, the amount of work involved is unknown and it's also not known if this could work. We'd like to avoid it if possible, of course.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:22 AM - 11/23/13 »
What if you stop the controllers wireless activity? or shield it or have a repeater cable that gets it out of range? Its weird but maybe worth a test what happens.It might use the wired mode. Or tamper with the DS4 so it looses the wireless capability.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #12 on: 01:38 AM - 11/23/13 »
We thought of that. We don't have the right materials we'd need to do that experiment. A DS4 in a stainless steel container still has at least a 12m range when we tried that. As soon as it was out of range, it disconnected.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:53 AM - 11/23/13 »
We thought of that. We don't have the right materials we'd need to do that experiment. A DS4 in a stainless steel container still has at least a 12m range when we tried that. As soon as it was out of range, it disconnected.

I have a leded room here (xray) but I will get the PS3 earliest on Wednesday or friday. It wont penetrate leded brick wall.

what about going over the PC and mimicking a wired DS4 controller until a wired one comes out?

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
« Reply #14 on: 01:57 AM - 11/23/13 »
I hope you guys can figure something out. Fingers crossed.
XIM: Apex | Titan: Two | PS4 Pro & XBox One X | PC: i7700k 1080ti ftw3 | M: G502 | KB: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2012 | Mouse Pad: HyperX Fury S Pro Gaming Mouse Pad X-Large |  Console Audio/Mic: Audio-Technica ATH-AD900X Open-Back w/ ModMic 5 & Creative Sound Blaster X7/ASTRO Mixamp | PC Mic: Samson G-Track | Monitor: 27" Samsung Monitor SyncMaster