XIM Community

XBOX One or PS4 > Compatibility with Edge  (Read 15364 times)

Offline damstr

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XBOX One or PS4 > Compatibility with Edge
« Reply #30 on: 03:48 PM - 01/12/14 »
I'll tell you now that when you get to use your XIM on Xbox One you will like it a LOT more.

Offline survivorman1999

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07:57 PM - 01/13/14 »
^^  I second this.
I had the XIM 3 and XIM Edge and both worked phenomenally with XBOX 360.
I used the XIM Edge on PS3 and it wasn't the same.  A little more laggy and different feel. 
It also depended on the game as well.

Offline Bullet43

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: wepk
« Reply #32 on: 06:16 PM - 02/22/14 »
sweet just read all the ^^^ so is there any updates yet can we se Edge with Xbox one? im just wondering oso I know to buy one or not...

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08:21 PM - 02/22/14 »
xim edge now works with xbox one if that is your question
but you cannot buy xim edge anymore, you will have to wait for xim4
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline throatkrush

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ThRoAtKrUsH
« Reply #34 on: 07:08 PM - 02/23/14 »
You say the edge works with the xbox one now??? How???

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 07:57 AM - 02/24/14 »
here you find everything you need to know :)

http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?board=77.0
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline GrieverXVII

• Super Saiyan
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: GrieverXVII
  • PSN ID: GrieverXVII
« Reply #36 on: 05:21 AM - 03/01/14 »
xim edge now works with xbox one if that is your question
but you cannot buy xim edge anymore, you will have to wait for xim4

i feel blessed to have a xim edge in front of me...titanfall, be ready.

Offline Ryan2tawfiq

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 09:34 PM - 02/04/18 »
According to an IGN source, the new data port is indicative of a new Microsoft strategy to take control of the accessory market.

The new port means that current headsets by leading accessory manufacturers, including Turtle Beach, will not work with Xbox One.

According to the source, the propriety data port means Microsoft can control the production of third party peripherals with licensing and authentication standards that manufacturers will be required to meet.

When questioned on the subject, a Microsoft spokesperson said the company will share fresh details on how third party peripherals will work in the future.

"We are working with 3rd party headset manufacturers to create new gaming headsetsthat will take full advantage of the Xbox One technology," the rep said.

Xbox One will come bundled with a new iteration of its Kinect technology. The hardware features voice technology which will allow chat both in-game and via Skype.

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/408413/xbox-one-will-not-suport-current-gen-gaming-headsets/

So I'm thinking with MS in control of those ports and it checks the system I see it being a problem for XIM...I maybe wrong but I'll let someone else spend the money.
Thank you MoBRico for your reply. Would you please suggest me the best gaming headset under $80.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 08:56 AM - 02/05/18 »
Thank you MoBRico for your reply. Would you please suggest me the best gaming headset under $80.

if you are a xim edge xbox one user i would recommend you to get a wireless headset that doesnt require a connection to the controller
eg the official microsoft wireless headset or those from turtle beach or asto (some of them require a controller connection so check their setup)

if you are on xbox360 then basically every headset will work, you can get anything that works with the xbox360

Offline Ryan2tawfiq

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 08:55 PM - 02/12/18 »
According to an IGN source, the new data port is indicative of a new Microsoft strategy to take control of the accessory market.

The new port means that current headsets by leading accessory manufacturers, including Turtle Beach, will not work with Xbox One.

According to the source, the propriety data port means Microsoft can control the production of third party peripherals with licensing and authentication standards that manufacturers will be required to meet.

When questioned on the subject, a Microsoft spokesperson said the company will share fresh details on how third party peripherals will work in the future.

"We are working with 3rd party headset manufacturers to create new headsets that will take full advantage of the Xbox One technology," the rep said.

Xbox One will come bundled with a new iteration of its Kinect technology. The hardware features voice technology which will allow chat both in-game and via Skype.

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/408413/xbox-one-will-not-suport-current-gen-gaming-headsets/

So I'm thinking with MS in control of those ports and it checks the system I see it being a problem for XIM...I maybe wrong but I'll let someone else spend the money.
Thank you for your reply. Would you please suggest me the best headphone under &100.