XIM Community

[XIM2] A Script for Toggling XIM Files; XIMSwitcher  (Read 13357 times)

Offline billythekid

• View Profile
Re: A Script for Toggling XIM Files; XIMSwitcher
« Reply #45 on: 09:13 PM - 01/22/11 »
Yo guys how to create a xim switcher.ahk help pls.

Offline Backflash

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 03:50 PM - 02/01/11 »
sorry im a noob, how do i download the  XIMSwitcher.ahk file i thing im suposse to copy it put im not sure what to do with it afterwards

Offline aclogan

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: too_much_love
« Reply #47 on: 04:24 PM - 03/06/11 »
Hi everybody,

I'm a total noob to this so excuse my ignorance. I copied the code from the first post and pasted it into the .akh file I created, and then formatted it (is there a way to copy it formatted in the proper lines?). The script runs when I select a key say F6, but I get a 401 error, and it opens another instance of the xim, it does this every time I press s function key.. is there something I'm missing or have done wrong, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Offline Jon_Jon

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 10:44 PM - 03/06/11 »
Hi everybody,

I'm a total noob to this so excuse my ignorance. I copied the code from the first post and pasted it into the .akh file I created, and then formatted it (is there a way to copy it formatted in the proper lines?). The script runs when I select a key say F6, but I get a 401 error, and it opens another instance of the xim, it does this every time I press s function key.. is there something I'm missing or have done wrong, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

mate,

just change the bottom part with this lines (change those line starting with LOADPROFILE command with below;

LoadProfile(i)
    {
    FileReadLine, temp, XIMSwitcherSave.txt, %i%
    If temp Contains .xim
    {
    sendinput, {ctrl down}
    sleep, 5
    sendinput, {esc down}
    sleep, 5
    sendinput, {esc up}
    sleep, 5
    sendinput, {ctrl up}
    BlockInput On
    sleep, 3000
    Run, %temp%
    WinWaitActive, XIM
    BlockInput Off
    ToolTip, %temp%, 65, 6
    }
}
return

or you can read through pg 3, there's an explanation for that...

anyway, i can run it without error 401 but the update rate is really unstable...I eventually stopped using it...just using my fingers to quickly switching between profiles...(for XIM2)...

Offline aclogan

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 10:46 AM - 03/07/11 »
Thanks for the help, I unfortunately still can't get this to work, I am now no longer getting the 401 error it is just saying failure while reading configuration value. I have to reinstall the xim1 software to get the xim not to show this error, stopping the script makes no difference. Does it work with the xim1.. maybe that's my problem.

Offline Jon_Jon

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 10:24 PM - 03/07/11 »
Thanks for the help, I unfortunately still can't get this to work, I am now no longer getting the 401 error it is just saying failure while reading configuration value. I have to reinstall the xim1 software to get the xim not to show this error, stopping the script makes no difference. Does it work with the xim1.. maybe that's my problem.

...i think it's not compatible with XIM1, you go through earlier page...I remember somebody asking about using it with XIM1...anyway, once I got home, I will post or send you my AHK switcher...can you pm to me your email add...(it may help you if you're planning to get a XIM2)...

Offline aclogan

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 02:41 AM - 03/08/11 »
Thanks Jon_Jon I've been playing around with it and managed to get the switcher on this thread to work

http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=2528.msg26438#msg26438

so I'm all sorted, it still shows the failure to read values, but it is switching profiles and seem to have everything working.