XIM Community

XIM Edge Impressions / Reviews ...  (Read 19813 times)

Offline The Shadiest

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Slimshiesty
Re: XIM Edge Impressions / Reviews ...
« Reply #30 on: 03:05 PM - 02/08/13 »
Im hooked.. thought this might be a little bit jerky, was spot on with no settings changed out of the box.
Changed keys to fit my needs, and I knew i was going to do well in game !

Thanks for this great product.
The one you fear in the back of your mind !  When you have done wrong and try to act kind.

Running all night without a rest....
You know your being stalked by The Shadiest !

Offline Sully_pa

• View Profile
XIM Edge over eagle eye any day!
« Reply #31 on: 04:04 PM - 02/10/13 »
Been meaning to get back here to post my review and I just want to say .......... Hell Yea ! I came from playing PC shooter for years and had a hell of a time with the controller on PS3 . Got a Splitfish then an eagle eye but they never really felt right not nearly like PC close but no cigar ....Went to the XIM Edge and walla .... back to kickin' azz ...stats going back up ..... The XIM Edge is waaaaaaay better then the eagle eye. Way more accurate ...the only thing I miss is the turbo button for shotguns ....then again ...not really :) Thanks you guy's have made this 50 year old gamer happy again!

~Sully

Offline skalute

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07:36 PM - 02/26/13 »
Got my Xim Edge yesterday (unbelievable fast international shipment).

I played CounterStrike for 7 years and felt so lost when playing FPS with Controller.
You have the aim, you see the enemies, but you simply cant kill them because of this bad controller thing.

I have to say .. this little thing is absolutely unbelievable, definitely worth every single penny .. it made playing BF3 on xbox a whole new gorgeous experience.

Wonderful work, wonderful product, thanks a lot from a very happy german user :)

Offline BU11

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: AOJ_BU11_X14
« Reply #33 on: 03:38 PM - 03/05/13 »
I got my XIM Edge today. Im very happy with how it plays. It is awesome and blows the shark away. Also it was shipped the same day I ordered. The set up was simple and I had to problems with any thing. I have a lot to learn about my edge but Im looking forward to playing with it more when I get back home today. Thanks for the great service Ive received.

Offline frankie.alioto

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: shtpshdN248
  • PSN ID: Geiko007
« Reply #34 on: 03:51 PM - 03/05/13 »
I received my XIM Edge about a week ago, and could not be happier. This thing is amazing, I was turned off about the idea for awhile simply because of price, but im glad I sprung for it. Using the Nav/G700 wireless combo is great, and for anyone out there who is nervous about the Nav or the Edge, I say go for it, they both work perfectly together.

I've got some messing around to do with DPI's and ballistics, but overall, a very happy Edge owner!

Offline FoiLLeR

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FoiLLeR
« Reply #35 on: 01:07 PM - 03/07/13 »
I placed my order for a XIM Edge last week, and I recieved it at my door step the very next day in Calgary, AB. I can't express how pleased I was with the quick turnaround. I have recieved an email 1 hour after I placed my order to say it was shipped and recievced a tracking number. I have never in my life had this quick of a turnaround time from something I have ordered online from ANY company. THANKS!

As for the product its self. Awesome! It is perfect, I nearly did next to ZERO customization other than picking the bindings I liked best. I am playing Black Ops 2 on the XBOX - why not PC? My GF bought it for me for christmas and we play together and I just couldn't macth the quickness of everyone else, especially sniping - I was useless unless I had about 15 seconds to aim properly which rarely happens.

Now, I see an enermy, and instantly he is dead. This completly changed my game play for me. Just bought the Razer Orbweaver as well and looking forward to trying it out.

Thanks for the prompt service and excellent product!

Offline Taxez

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06:06 AM - 03/09/13 »
Fast delivery to Germany and I'm absolutely in love with the XimEdge.

I reached Colonel 100 (BF3 on PC) last  summer and have been wanting to do the same on PS3. However the terrible experience a controller makes for FPS gaming turned me off after a grand total of 5 minutes played.

The XimEdge allows me to apply my PC abilities (since Counter Strike beta) on the PS3. To my surprise I'm actually able to match my PC stats ~1400 SPM, ~20% accuracy etc.

Dispite the terrible gfx, the 720p resolution and the low fps... I enjoy playing on the PS3 more than on PC at the moment simply because I'm able to dominate without even trying :)

I recommend the Logitech G500, a 27" LCD monitor and a headset for the best performance possible :)

Offline BatGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 12:53 AM - 05/17/13 »
Edit: I messed up on my first attempt to post the pic ;P
I had to play with the XIM Edge for a good while before posting my impression. I've had this product for about 2 months... aaaaand WOW! I'm in love with it.

I was getting bored of the CoD series, but since I've gotten the XIME, playing is so much fun now. The ballistics editor is an awesome feature that allowed smoother gameplay for me.

Here's a pic I took today of my stats. Thank you XIM team!
« Last Edit: 12:59 AM - 05/17/13 by BatGirl »

Offline GreyMouser

• MVP
  • Mostly PC now until a great exclusive pops up.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/GreyingGamer
« Reply #38 on: 11:08 AM - 05/17/13 »
Here's a pic I took today of my stats. Thank you XIM team!
Awesome stats!
Loadout: kb = Rantopad with Gateron red switches (model RT101-0005); m = g403; PS4 controllers = official; XIM =  XIM4

Offline Alienagenda

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 10:23 AM - 06/13/13 »
Just finished my new XIM setup with a PS3 sharing my new Asus VG248 monitor with my PC.   I was able to use the monitors headphone out to my Xi-Fi sound card in my PC to send the PS3 sound to my PC speakers vs using the ASUS built in speakers so that was nice.  Used a USB switch so I only have one keyboard and G9 mouse for both PC gaming and PS3 gaming.   But the real winner here is the XIM Edge.  If thats not 1:1 I dont know what is!   The product is amazing, just a few tweaks and starting from rank 1 with BF3 I am consistently in the top 5 after the match!  The PS3 looks amazing on the VG248, I see no input lag that I can detect.  Perfect.  Many thanks.

Offline MrPRambo

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 09:14 PM - 07/09/13 »
AWESOME.

Once set up, it works brilliantly- I am using PS Nav controller (connected using a bogstandard miniusb cable I found lying around the house) and a Razer Deathadder. Currently playing Halo Reach and the movement is very similiar/ near identical to shooters on PC. By using the Nav controller, I retain the ability to walk/run.

(SOME INFO SO NOONE ELSE REPEATS THESE MISTAKES)
However, getting the Nav controller to work took me ages, because I spent ages trying to look for the number of the Joystick button for L2, without realising that on the drop down, it is simply Left trigger. I had installed MotioninJoy to use my nav controller on PC, and I think that messed up detection of joystick button presses when binding keys. This meant I had to use trial and error to work out the keys. (I made this once I had worked them out: http://imgur.com/DRgrjYr)

(IMPROVEMENTS)
The XIM could do with macros. Perhaps for every config, you could have an autohotkey style scripting interface to run scripts in parallel with the normal config. E.g I may leave the left and Right bumper unbound, but in the scripting section, use mb2 such that if I tap it once it does RB and twice it does LB.

(MAX TURN SPEED)
Due to the XIM simulating a controller, and the analog stick on a controller only being able to rotate a fixed amount, there is a fairly noticeable max turn speed. By my understanding, it would be impossible to overcome. This is the only area where you will notice a difference between the XIM, and playing a shooter on PC.

(VERDICT)
Pricey- I will have to find a buyer to buy it off me once I've played all the console exclusives I have wanted to play to recover some of the cost. However, it is an outstanding piece of kit.

Offline Lilweedkila510

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Lilweedkila510
« Reply #41 on: 12:01 PM - 09/27/13 »
how did you guys go from xim3 to xim edge looks more like a downgrade to me. i wouldnt mind paying $200 for an all new kickass xim, i hope you guys are planning on creating a new xim for the next gen consoles maybe similar to xim3 with a few new features or new better design i am ready to pay $200 for the next gen xim good work and keep it up '