XIM Community

xim3 cad model images for att OBsiv and community  (Read 8987 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: xim3 cad model images for att OBsiv and community
« Reply #15 on: 01:58 PM - 09/01/11 »
awesome work, looks very good!
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline xleejohnx

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01:59 PM - 09/01/11 »
Thank you Od1n, much appreciated

sorry for double post, i can only upload 6 images at a time,
@OMGsus, does the site have the facility of lightbox images bbcode, to reduce post size?
i can't see any BBcode other than code][/code that eliminates live linking to other sites.

« Last Edit: 02:18 PM - 09/01/11 by xleejohnx »

Offline xleejohnx

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02:01 PM - 09/01/11 »
again sorry for post, only way i can get images on to the topic
« Last Edit: 02:08 PM - 09/01/11 by xleejohnx »

Offline Beezles

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
  • TeamEWIX co-leader/founder
    • View Profile
    • Beezles youtube channel
  • Gamertag: BEEZLES
  • PSN ID: BEEZLES
« Reply #18 on: 02:10 PM - 09/01/11 »
can you export that as a .stl file? i'd like to do some texturing on it. :D
Logitech G13 w/ modded Thubstick (or PS Nav)  //  Logitech G500 Mouse
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Audio Technica AD700 Headset Antlion Modmic  //  Turtle Beach DSS
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

BEEZLES YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!
LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline xleejohnx

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02:34 PM - 09/01/11 »
can you export that as a .stl file? i'd like to do some texturing on it. :D

Hi, yes it would be no problem to export it as an .stl file, But I would require OBsIV's permission.
Please don't think i'm being fussy, but with this 3d model, the case does have the potential to be physically replicated, I believe that with it being OBsIV's creation I would require his permission as I don't want any eastern replicas to start hitting the scene and me being responsible as the chinese industry do not care about patents, i only modelled it as a personal hobby and I dont want it to affect the xim project, Please can I state I never created the model to sell products, it has only been created so images can be made to benefit the promotion of OBsIV and team creation. If I recieve the ok, ill PM you the file.
Are you a graphic designer? how would you use the .stl file as Im quite intrigued.

Once i have finished the xim ill do a case for it to reside in, i have seen this in a previous topic and it looks pretty good, with this ill add some personal touches e.g.~

http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=8110.30

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02:37 PM - 09/01/11 »
wait you want to tell me that this last picture with the case is a virtual picture??

it looks so real, really, theres absolutly no hint that could tell you its not real!
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline xleejohnx

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03:00 PM - 09/01/11 »
Jigoku- I was bored, so I photoshopped the xim3 inside of a razer mamba box.  :D

He has either photoshopped the image and its all virtual via jpgs of the images or he has placed a xim3 into a razor box and added the decals on to the box to make it look real. either way it looks good, but I think the bottom half should represent the weapon that is the xim3, I would probably create the bottom half to reflect the slots in the bottom of the xim3 ;D

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03:14 PM - 09/01/11 »
SOmething like that Xlee but something you can use. It mist stand like the XIM3 in your galssbox but must with stand the Pull of cables at the top.
RookCheck: Relax, no one is attacking you personally.

Offline Beezles

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03:57 PM - 09/01/11 »
I'm a 3d artist, I can pull it into 3dsmax and do some texture and lighting work and churn out some nice images.
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04:15 PM - 09/01/11 »
I'm a 3d artist, I can pull it into 3dsmax and do some texture and lighting work and churn out some nice images.

reminds me of a guy that wanted to make a cool looking into that introduces his youtube videos...
hmm, who was that again?^^

Offline Beezles

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05:24 PM - 09/01/11 »

reminds me of a guy that wanted to make a cool looking into that introduces his youtube videos...
hmm, who was that again?^^

Ya, not sure :P
XIM3  //  24" Dynex HDTV
Avermedia Broadcaster HD

LIVESTREAM:
[BEEZLES ON TWITCH!]

[TEAMXIM ON TWITCH!]

Offline xleejohnx

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03:07 PM - 09/02/11 »

cool, If its ok to give you the stl, I would be very interested in seeing your work ;D

ok, I have just added some decals to the face, gotta team up and play COD now but over the weekend ill upload some more images, hopefully OBsIV see's this topic and share his opinion on this project.

Have a good weekend guys and Ladies

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 05:44 PM - 09/02/11 »
Question. I don't know much about the software you're using, could this be used for fabrication? Could competitors make a xim3 like shell and place their hardware inside to confuse buyers? When I look at this thread that's the only motive I can see for doing something like this. I'm not trying to knock your designs or insinuate anything as it looks like you've spent a great deal of time working on this.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline stetab

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: BO4TZ
« Reply #28 on: 07:33 PM - 09/02/11 »
It would probably help them, but probably shouldn't be a concern as KIRF makers could so easily create this themselves.

Offline xleejohnx

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01:06 AM - 09/03/11 »
Question. I don't know much about the software you're using, could this be used for fabrication? Could competitors make a xim3 like shell and place their hardware inside to confuse buyers? When I look at this thread that's the only motive I can see for doing something like this. I'm not trying to knock your designs or insinuate anything as it looks like you've spent a great deal of time working on this.

HI mist4fun, yes the model could be used to clone the case, it would be the entire template for either indivdual creation or used to create a mold tool to mass produce, but that's why I won't share the 3D CAD (computer aided design) data without OBsIV's permission.
I am new here to the site and I dont want to just hand over something just to see a replica of the xim3 case on the market, Please dont take offense with this Beezles, I just want to create images whilst protecting the original creator, besides I would love to see your input with 3ds max, hopefully using vray to render

It would probably help them, but probably shouldn't be a concern as KIRF makers could so easily create this themselves.

This is absolutely correct, if a company wanted too, they could easily do what I have done, No offense to any Chinese members of the site, but in the industry I work in, the Chinese replicate everything with no concern of patents, We (work) sell millions of components around the world each year, when we go to exhibitions relative to the industry I work in we see the Chinese industry have copied our products down to the minute details, even the flaws in our design has been copied, The Chinese are probably the best in the world at reverse engineering as they would even replicate the circuit board,
This is always the case with anything that is successful,
here is a prefect example of there capability's  ~

Code: [Select]
This site sells every possible replica of anything deemed succesfull.
Thank you mist4fun for your question and thank you stetab for answering so correctly.
« Last Edit: 09:48 AM - 09/03/11 by Od1n »