XIM Community

probably not the righht place but...  (Read 2146 times)

Offline HolySkin

• View Profile
probably not the righht place but...
« on: 04:54 AM - 03/31/08 »
im in England, do you guys kknow if silabs will ship their toolstick to the UK? and if so what shipping cost shuld i expect? i had a poke around their site coudn't see anything detailing thhis, there was also no GBP exuivilent, thanks for your answers in advance.
Save the whale.... Harpoon a fat chick!

Offline T3mpl3t0n

• View Profile
Re: probably not the righht place but...
« Reply #1 on: 04:10 AM - 04/05/08 »
I tried going thru the purchase process, and it seemed to accept an address in England.  Unfortunetly, you can only pay by credit card, and I don't have one.  You could probably work out the shipping cost by finding out the approx weight of the thing, and looking on the FedX website (the shipping method was FedX International Priority).
Has anyone else from outside North America bought the Toolstick?

Offline aN4rK1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:42 PM - 04/05/08 »
Also, you might want to try Digikey. They are TOP notch, thats where I got my tookstick but Iam in canada. Paid for it one day, got it the next.

Offline T3mpl3t0n

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:45 AM - 04/07/08 »
I've checked out Digi-key.com's UK area of the site, and they do indeed sell the Toolstick Starter Kit for the very reasonable price of 14.  Unfortunetly, Postage and Packaging comes to 17, bringing the total upto 31 (just under $60 I believe).  Also, they only take Visa and Mastercard as far as cards go.  There is a wire transfer section, but I don't know how painless that would be.  I'll keep checking...

Update: uk.farnell.com do the Starter Kit for 17.50, with free postage and packing (I think) as you have to spend over 20 to use a credit card.  Again, you can only easily pay with Visa, Mastercard and American Express.  This is the best site I've come across so far, and Farnell have a whole international selection fron www.farnell.com for where ever you may be in the world.  My search continues for companies that take Debit Cards...
« Last Edit: 06:19 AM - 04/07/08 by T3mpl3t0n »

Offline aN4rK1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:09 PM - 04/07/08 »
Digikey has something like that "you have to spend over this much" type of deal. When I got my toolstick, it was about $26 dollars but shipping was like $18! But it said anyorder under $34 would be charged a $9 handling charge on top of my shipping which was just $9. So I bought a project box to encase all my Toolstick gear and wires in for about $6.50 and the price was lowered a bit. You might want to try that see what happens.