XIM Community

...Is toysrme dead ?  (Read 6267 times)

Offline Blue Raiden Mk.II

• View Profile
...Is toysrme dead ?
« on: 06:00 PM - 05/07/11 »
I heard in the news that were he lives got hit by tornadoes the worst. Anyone know if he is still alive?
« Last Edit: 06:08 PM - 05/07/11 by Blue Raiden Mk.II »

Offline Gods AFK

• MVP
  • Your not in hell, that's just Metal.
    • View Profile
    • What?
  • Gamertag: God Loves Metal
Re: ...Is toysrme dead ?
« Reply #1 on: 08:24 PM - 05/07/11 »
No, he's alive. I can still smell sulfur.  ;D
Headphones (Full-Sized): Denon AH-D7000, Beyerdynamic Tesla T1, Ultrasone PRO 900, Grado RS1i

IEM's: Sennheiser IE8, Westone UM3, Ultimate Ears UE4 PRO

Amp / DACS: Burson Audio HA-160D, Audio GD-FUN, Matrix M-Stage, NuForce Icon HDP, Tubemagic D1

Offline Drow Elf Drizzt

• MVP
  • It's Like Nerdvana
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Drow Elf Drizzt
« Reply #2 on: 09:22 PM - 05/07/11 »
i talked to him the day after the tornadoes went through and yesterday i believe it was hes good man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:57 PM - 05/08/11 »
hmmm.....i see.  i guess his area doesn't get tornadoes as bad.  or just lucky. eh...

Offline Zyren

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:39 AM - 05/16/11 »
Nah, he just expressed his opinion one more time before he left the XIM community for good. OBsIV slammed the door when he did. He'll be missed. I bought the XIM because moving completely away from consoles seemed somewhat hard, and the atmosphere of the community made me think that I didn't have to move completely away from consoles. I dunno, feels like the community has lost some of its edge.

Original thread: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=12597.0
« Last Edit: 09:34 AM - 05/18/11 by Zyren »

Offline Bizzar1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bizzar1
« Reply #5 on: 01:14 PM - 05/17/11 »
He was/is a dick and Karma caught up to him. Good riddance! I'm sure he's still lurking the forum you can count on that. True the maturity levels of the forum have gone down a bit (myself included) but this is about CONSOLE gaming. Gaming + maturity levels go hand in hand and when it comes to xbox 360, it is what it is and the crowd that follows it. When I do decide to finally "grow up" you can bet I won't be playing video games.
"Surely there must be something you can do."
"I'm doing everything I can... and stop calling me Shirley!"

Offline rtmoose

• MVP
  • yea... its how those frenchies used to say my name
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:49 PM - 05/17/11 »
Shame bizzy.. SHAME.. I'm as grown up as I ever will be.. Gaming is just part of my generation.. We started it we got to OWN IT
Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to write this, my husband Technogiant as gone out of the room, can you send him this xbox thing quickly he's driving me up the wall. thanks

i5-2500k - p8p67 rev3 - radeon HD6850 - 8GB corsair ram @ 1600mhz - WD caviar Black SATA III

Offline Bizzar1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bizzar1
« Reply #7 on: 02:06 PM - 05/17/11 »
Yessiree and when I stop gaming, chances are I'll be dead. I'm 36, look about 26 and act maybe 18 at most. My wife tells everyone she has 4 kids, 3 girls and a large boy. Been gaming since my dad had Pong and haven't stopped ever! I'm not great or even close to a Toyz level but I'm "ok" I guess. Even if my skills diminish to a moose level I wont ever quit gaming. I make it fun!

BTW why is it that when you show up my skills go down the toilet? I promise you I'm not that bad of a player lol. For instance, Saturday night I was a solid 3-5kdr per round and putting up sr71's and dog streaks all night. Then you come in and bam...hardly get to a 1.0 lol. What are you doing stealing my kills and setting me up for failure? I got my cross-hair on you!
"Surely there must be something you can do."
"I'm doing everything I can... and stop calling me Shirley!"

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:24 AM - 05/20/11 »
pity....or pitiful should I say?  He made it seem like he'd never return and he was on at 2:00 AM or PM. (Wasn't Paying attention) Irony is that i left for about 2 months and nothing for me.  Meh.

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04:04 PM - 05/26/11 »
no just busy cleaning up with tornadoes. the one big one that went up i59 was about 5 air miles south of where i live.
got back into R/C very hardcore, wakeboard every chance i get and watching pro sc2 players play.

just got bored, didn't see xim-3 ever getting any better than xim-2 in COD & virtually all the old core group of xim'ers are long gone play wise.

obs never slammed the door on anyone. i have at no point since i joined the community (Starting at the end of the microsoft live spaces website) have i had so much as a temp-ban from the forum, nor have i ever been threatened with one.

unlike what most of the morons around here will eventually do; at no point have i made some whiney @#$% i'm leaving @#$% yall post. i simply put my @#$% up for sale & was asked why. i still get a gabillion questions about xim on my youtube channels every day, quite a few PM's on the xim website & answer them where applicable. which is more than the vast majority of people here will ever have to do with supporting xim...
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:09 PM - 05/26/11 »
Toys, you should know how the system of pyramids work.  Mind all, that i'm not talking about the pyramid schemes.

Breakdown

OBsIV - Ringleader/Creator

Grunt's/Moderators - Mist etc.

VIP's/Beta Testers - Don

Consumer's/Supporters - Me, You, Drow etc.

Regular Consumers - Anyone that hopped aboard this website since the announcement of the Xim3.
-------

I was burned out on console gaming due to  my account hacked and honestly, i haven't felt the need to return anymore since that day. I just get on my spare account and just use the Jitter mod i have in zombies for old times sake. But, things changed for me so i just stopped. Besides, what about DirtyX2 and Dee? they seem like their still on.

Offline toysrme

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02:34 AM - 05/27/11 »
not even close...
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%

Offline Zyren

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12:31 PM - 05/27/11 »
obs never slammed the door on anyone. i have at no point since i joined the community (Starting at the end of the microsoft live spaces website) have i had so much as a temp-ban from the forum, nor have i ever been threatened with one.
Good for you. I was just referring to this:
You make it sound like the goal is complex and hard to understand. There is one goal: as close to PC as possible. PC is 1:1 -- Smart Translators are designed to emulate that. You don't want that (*unlike* most), so, I'm personally glad you sold you XIM3. Becuase your idea of how everything should work is wrong.

I just don't understand why you "left" but are still here???
Saying that he "slammed the door" was exaggerating a bit, but he clearly wanted you to stop posting. At least at the moment.

Offline Acc0rd

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • http://twitch.tv/acc0rd79
  • Gamertag: Acc0rd
  • PSN ID: Acc0rd79
« Reply #13 on: 03:38 PM - 05/27/11 »
not even close...

Dont rage quit much over these noobs Toys, lol they are nothing more than Lol's. Youll be back when MW3 comes out, just stay lurking in the background *obviously talking @#$%* lol

http://twitch.tv/acc0rd79

www.youtube.com/Acc0rd79 (car reviews now)
Black Magic Intensity Pro
XIM4/XIM Edge/XIM2 :) Im OLD SCHOOL!
Turtle Beach XP500

Offline toysrme

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08:42 PM - 05/27/11 »
no, he was just tired of going round in circles over the same issues. he'd get crabby i'd have to point out he's an engineer that spends 5 hours a month actually playing games casually; while a large portion of the xim players play upwards of 50 hours a week & know/knew there was/are problems with it how it works.
it's not like from his point of view theres anything to be said after that. what can be said? your momma plays xbox 50 hours a week?

i mean it hasn't progressed anything. it was built to simplify everything. it did. it started out with one setting & was the worst thing ever. now look at it. to get what is considered a "good" setup has over twice the settings anything else ever had & users are still forced to "come here and research" just like they always were.
and for all that; when it came down to do or die crunch time it'd let you down trailing shots where the others wouldn't.

say what you want about xim-1/2's scheme. it's surely not perfect, but at the very least you never felt like it was letting you down because it was so @#$% slow you were getting stuck in the auto aim boxes. that went from being a 1 in 500 death issue on "faster" 1/2 setups to a cause of what? 25% to 33% cause of death? blah.
that's the bottom line on xim-3. looks sexy till you start tracking what is going on with your kills and deaths while you're trying to play well.

ive continued to be active outside of the xim-3 sub forum... i mean what am i going to add to that forum? noobs go to xim-3 and pro COD players skip it and go for an xim-2? duuuuur.

na chad i think im out of mw3. if i got it, it'd just be for single player story & i doubt the same writing team is doing it anymore so :\ wasn't too great, bt i enjoyed LA Noir. Waiting to hear what dungeon siege 3 and diablo 3 will be about. those are my console saving titles. i look, but dont see anything interesting on the FPS front.
« Last Edit: 08:55 PM - 05/27/11 by toysrme »
XIM Induced RAGE Video

^Global Win Rate = 46%